Chapter Thirteen : Hope

~Sometime later~

His eyes opened slowly and looked around, he was in a inn? He really didn't care but where was (y/n) what happened? He couldn't remember anything, only that he felt pain.

"Thank you." (y/n) replied.
"Of course, I'm so sorry for your loss." (y/n) simply nodded, she needed to get back and cheek on Cross, she left Chara in charge of watching him but well he's Chara. The snow softly crunched under (y/n) feet as she walked back to the inn, she took the longer route just to enjoy the beauty of the falling snow, well mostly because she was lost in thought and didn't realize she was walking that direction.
   "Hello Miss (y/n)." Bunny (I'm great at names) greeted her as she walked in.
   "Hi, has he woken up?"
   "I don't think so, I haven't heard anything from up there."
   "Thank you." (y/n) briskly walked up the stairs and softly knocked on the door, who knows he could have been changing or something, though that's highly unlikely.
   "Come on." She heard a soft replies, so she walked in seeing Cross was sitting up in his bed.
   "You're finally up." (y/n) said slightly jokingly, when she saw Chara was fast asleep in the chair. "And he's down."
   "Yeah..." Cross' voice wasn't like his normal tone it was sad and depressed. "What happened?" He turned toward (y/n), he noticed she was wearing Mia's jacket.
   "...They're gone..." She replied blankly.
   "I'm so sorry." He said. "I've failed you again." He looked away from her, he just couldn't look into her (e/c) eyes.
   "No you haven't! If it wasn't for you I would be dead!"
"But-."
"No buts! You haven't failed me, heck if anyone's failed it's me."
"(y/n) you haven't failed."
   "Blah blah blah just kiss already." Chara said in a unamused tone.
   "You're supposed to be asleep!" (y/n) shouted.
   "And yet I'm not." He replied. (y/n) was about to reply when she heard a knock at the door, she walked over and opened it, reviling the short rabbit, keeper of the inn.
"Oh hey Bunny."
"Hello Miss (y/n), Kitty (told ya I'm great at names) made pancakes and brought some over for you." Bunny said, handing (y/n) the pancakes.
   "Oh tell Kitty I said thank you." (y/n) gave her small smile before shutting the door and turning back and walking over to Cross. "Want some pancakes?" He didn't say a thing, only grabbing one of the stacks and shoving it in his face eating it.
   "Pfft! Haha haha! If you were that hungry you could have just told me." (y/n) found it hilarious, however Cross didn't.
   "I can recover HP by eating." He replied.
   "Nah, nah, I get it, an old friend of mine can recover HP when she sleeps." She said, giving Chara a stack and eating the last for her own.

"We'll need to leave soon, Nightmare could be tracking us..." (y/n) said breaking her cheery tone.
"Yeah..." Cross agreed, he wasn't about to let his love (yandere mode activated kidding...mostly) get in harms way.
   "Well...we could go to Aftertale..."
"You trailed off what's wrong?"
"Geno erm...well it's mostly..."
"What did you do?"
"I may have messed with the timeline slightly and may have made AfterDeath happen and Geno may still be mad at me even though he's happy." Cross looked at her blankly not knowing what AfterDeath is. "It's best you don't know." She gave him a nervous smile.
"What's an AfterDeath?" He asked.
"Nothing! Let's go!"

~One rift opening to Aftertale later~

"Geno? Reaper?" (y/n) asked, glancing around the save screen.
"The save screen." Chara said. (No kidding Sherlock)
"You guys here?" (y/n) said louder this time.
"(y/n) is that you?" A small child's voice asked, a small skeleton wearing a white cloak and a long red scarf, much like his fathers.
"Hey Goth!" She said.
"GOTH! Don't you dare you go near her!" A deeper voice shouted, another skeleton with a deep cut that we was bleeding from was across his chest, he wore a white jacket and a long red-ish orange scarf.
"You weren't kidding." Cross said.
"Nice to see you to Geno but uh I really need to talk to you." (y/n) said.
"About what?" He asked, glaring her down farther.
"Uhh I'd rather not discuss it here." She replied, his expressions softened seeing the sorrow in her eyes.
"Fine. REAPER WATCH GOTH!" He shouted.
"But babe." Reaper protested, he gave Geno a lazy look with his dark sockets.
"No buts, but yours watch your son." Geno replied, motioning (y/n) to follow him.
"Alright but first, Goth Cross, Cross Goth, Reaper Cross, Cross Reaper, Goth Chara, Chara Goth, Reaper Chara, Chara Reaper. Oh and don't worry Chara wouldn't hurt a soul, except he highly sarcastic." (y/n) said.
"How? How did you not mess that up!?" Cross asked.
"Magic." She replied doing jazz hands and winking at Cross.
"I regret this already." Geno said.

"What did you want to talk about?" Geno asked, sitting down on a chair and motioning for (y/n) to sit across from him.
"Well Ink, Dream, Blue and, Mia tried to stop Nightmare but..." (y/n) trailed off.
"They didn't make it did they?" He asked, she simply shook her head. "I'm sorry."
"Don't be, it was my fault, I just... *sigh* we're going to try and stop him but if we don't make it, promise me that you'll keep them safe, keep your family safe, I know I may have messed with the timeline but we both know how it is to lose your family, so please protect them."
"I promise but you're not gonna die, Mia wouldn't have wanted you to."
"I know, thank you Geno." She stood up and gave him a hug, he flinched but hugged back, they nodded to each other before waking out the door.
"WHAT DID YOU THREE DO!?" Geno shouted, noticing that Goth was on top of the roof.
"Eh heh, did I ever tell you I was terrible with kids?" Cross said.
"Hi mom." Goth waved from the roof, Geno was yelling at Reaper while (y/n) looked at Goth with a 'I'm-not-to-sorry' look across her face.
"Jump I'll catch you." She said simply, Goth looked at her a moment before jumping into her arm. "Got him." Geno turned around and gave her a look of 'da-fuk-did-you-do? Before he grabbed Goth out of her arm and scolded him.
"So when's the wedding?" Reaper asked with a sheet eating grin, Cross' face erupted with a purple blush while (y/n) gave him a 'really-bruh' face.
   "Nonononono! I mean yes no I mean uhh." Cross was stuttering like theirs was no tomorrow.
   Reaper burst out laughing, "I'm kidding but you turned more purple then a grape."
   "Poor little Cross." Chara mocked.

   A/N : there are like two maybe three more chapters and this fanfic will be done, I may do a follow up fanfic of this one if y'all want that