Chapter 2: The Question (Yusei x Akiza)

Akiza Ikinski was at a park. She was sitting down on a large grass field that had all sorts of flowers. The breeze of wind passed by her, blowing her hair a bit. "The breeze of wind is so refreshing. It makes me feel calm and let go of my worries, right away." She said to herself.

She spotted a turbo duelist that she was supposed to be meeting up. Yusei Fudo. Yusei took off his helmet and left it at his duel runner. He began approaching the female Dragon Signer. "Finally you're here. I've been waiting for you." Akiza stopped sitting down and stood up on her feet.

"Sorry that I kept you waiting."

"It's fine. Anyways.. Why did you want me to meet you here?"

"I wanted us to meet up so that we could talk about something?"

"Talk? What more is there to say?" Akiza was confused.

"Listen, Akiza." Yusei sounded serious.

"Yes?"

"Just hear me out. Alright?" Akiza nodded her head, listening to Yusei's words.

"Close your eyes and I'll tell you when to open them."

"Alright if you say so." Akiza closed her eyes, listening to Yusei talk to her.

"We've been through so much together, since we became united with the other Dragon Signers. We've been friends for a while now. And in that time, and in our duels together, we've gotten to known each other, better. We've spended a lot of time together as our friendship has grown into a stronger trust in each other and in our unbreakable bond that we have."

"I know this is sudden and is out of the blue. But I think it's time for me to pop this question to you."

"Question? What do you mean, Yusei?"

"You'll find out. You can open your eyes now."

Akiza opened her eyes, wondering what she was going to see. She saw Yusei in front of her. He was kneeled down on the grass and was holding a red rose in his hand.

He looked at her sparkling eyes. "Akiza, will you marry me?"

Akiza was speechless. A blush formed on her face. "Of course, I will."

Yusei then took the engagement ring that was in the rose's petals and put it on Akiza's ring finger. He then kissed Akiza on her lips.

Akiza kissed him back. "I love you, Akiza." He broke the kiss.

"I love you too," Akiza cried in happiness and hugged him. "Yusei."