Chapter 10: The Rumor (Jack x Carly)

Darn..my career is on the line. And the only way I can fix it, is if I get myself a new scoop. A blonde girl walked around the streets of Neo Domino City. She then spotted her rival, coming out of her house. So she quickly hid behind a pole to spy on her.

She could see Carly Carmine running out of her apartment as she held a camera that dangled around her neck. She ran. "I'm ready!" She called out to a guy that was waiting for her outside.

"Finally, Carly." Said Jack Atlas, who crossed his arms and looked at her. "It took you long enough."

Carly began walking with Jack by her side. "I'm sorry, Jack. I just had to get my camera. I want to take pictures of you and the other Dragon Signers as my new scoop." She then disappeared off into the distance by turning to the right corner.

Hmm...The blonde reporter got out of hiding. She grinned to herself. "Now I have myself a story."

~~~~~

Carly yawned as she got out of bed. She put on her glasses and shaked her messy hair to the side. She later got ready to start her day. She turned on the TV and poured herself a mug of coffee. She flipped the channels with the TV remote.

She stopped it on a certain news channel because she saw that a picture of Jack Atlas and her were on it. Out of shock, she spit out her coffee. "WHY AM I ON TV WITH JACK!?" She shaked her head.

She giggled nervously, "Maybe I'm just overthinking? Since I do watch the news too much." She turned off the TV and headed out.

As she began walking, several civilians stared at her. I wonder why they're looking at me that way? She then sweat dropped and sparkled a nervous smile, acting like nothing was wrong.

She saw that she was on many posters that were around the city, that showed Jack on them too. "Why am I with Jack on these posters?" She noticed that they were on newspapers too and that people were reading them. "What's the meaning of all this nonsense?"

Carly felt really uncomfortable that she was all over the media and news with Jack. And she had no idea what it was for. There seemed to be a giant crowd around a glass window display that had a TV on with the latest news. "Excuse me," She made herself go through the crowd so she could see why they were all looking at the TV.

"As on the latest news, it looks like the reporter Carly Carmine," The female news reporter showed a picture of Carly on the TV. "And the previous dueling champion of Neo Domino City...Jack Atlas..." A picture of Jack Atlas popped up onto the screen. "Are...dating. Here are some pictures of the two that are shown that they're walking together. And this is them on their date." It showed pictures of Jack walking with Carly, the two of them sitting down on a bench while eating their ice cream, and the most embarrassing one yet...that made the whole thing seem real...the kiss.

Carly turned red. "Not the kiss," She whispered to herself as she made a fist with her right hand.

~~~~~

"Wait Carly, before I go I want to give you something.." Jack Atlas said, grabbing Carly Carmine and planting a kiss on her cheek.

Carly's cheeks turned a rosy-red color of her blush after he left her standing there.

~~~~~

Carly had remembered that kiss from the day before and she had forgotten about it. Until now, she could recall it by looking at the picture that shown Jack kissing her cheek and she was blushing. By the photo, people could mistake the two for a pair of lovebirds.