Chapter 7: Glasses Girl (Jack x Carly)

"Oh my gosh! I have to go! Or else I'm gonna be late!" Carly Carmine shouted, getting her stuff in a hurry. "I need to go to that fancy party.. To get an interview with Misty!" She put on her glasses and ran off in a hurry.

~~~~~

Carly's heels clicked as she ran into the fancy building. She quickly saw Misty, who was in a crowd of news reporters who were all dressed up formally for the occasion. "Misty! Smile for the camera," A photographer said, snapping a flashy picture.

"Misty! Over here!" Carly tucked a pencil behind her ear and took out a small notepad and raised it high with her hand. She ran to the crowd but then she tripped over one of her high heels. "It's me, Car--Aah!" She fell down onto the floor and her glasses flew right off.

Carly's rival, who was a blonde-haired girl, stepped onto her glasses on purpose. "Oh poor Carly...it looks I accidentally stepped on your glasses. Good luck, trying to see," She chuckled at her. "Or at least... trying to get your scoop with Misty." She walked off.

Carly frowned and her eyes got watery. "No. My glasses. I-I...can't see." She sighed. "How will I get my scoop now?" She touched her cracked glasses with her hands.

She dropped her broken glasses when she heard a familiar male voice. "Hey, do you need some help?"

Carly looked up, even though she couldn't see who had stepped in front of her. All she saw was a blurry figure that looked like it was wearing white and it had yellow spiky hair. Instead of responding, she just frowned and said nothing.

Other than that, Jack Atlas helped Carly get up by taking her hands. "Are you alright, Miss? You don't look like you're feeling well."

Miss? Jack doesn't know it's me? "I-I'm....Fine." Carly looked down. "I just can't see without my..." She looked down at her broken glasses. "Glasses."

"You don't always need glasses, Carly."

"Jack? How did you know it was me?" Carly blinked.

Jack put his hands on top of Carly's shoulders. "I hardly regonized you, without them. But I recognized you enough to know that it was you." He cupped her chin. "And you look just as beautiful without them. You have really nice eyes."

Carly blushed and smiled. "Thank you."

"And you should consider taking off your glasses more often," Suggested Jack. Carly giggled as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"May I please take this dance, Carly?" Jack put his hand out.

"Gladly, Jack. But you'll have to be my eyes, since I can't see without my glasses."

"Deal." Said Jack.

Misty smiled to herself as she saw Jack Atlas and Carly Carmine dancing together at the party.