MIRANDA'S TROUBLES

A month passed since Michael and I started dating. Things were getting really weird. Miranda seemed to become a closed book. She didn't tell us anything. One day, when Nancy, Carol and I came to visit her, Mrs. Whitlock said she had locked herself up in a room and no one could make her come out of it. Sure enough, we tried a lot, but even after an hour, she refused to open the door. Her voice was trembling as she asked us to leave and told firmly that she would not open the door. Mrs. Whitlock worries about her constantly. She skips classes and god knows where she goes. Rumours are flying that Richard and her had broken up. But, could my bff really be so depressed over that??

"Miranda skipped again." Nancy informed as she sat down beside me in the school cafe.

"I know. I just cant understand what is wrong with her?"I said, toying with my lasagna.

"I just spoke to Richard. He appears confused as well. I don't understand ...he says he had no disagreement or break up with her. He is very worried too." Carol put in.

"I am visiting her today. Are you guys in?" I asked.

Carol shook her head, "Sorry Jules. I have to go to my grandma's place today with mum."

"And I cannot make it either. I am really sorry guys but Josh asked me out on a date." Nancy said, apologetically.

"Its fine. I'll just go to her place then."

"Tell us what happens. we are really sorry Juliet." Nancy said.

I smiled reassuringly. The bell rang to announce the start of our English class and we hurried.

After school, I hugged my friends good bye and hurried on my way to the Whitlocks.

"Hi, Mrs. Whitlock." I smiled at the lady who was like a second mother to me. She had dark circles under her eyes and her face depicted worry and anxiety.

"Hello Juliet darling. I am very glad to see you my dear." She said.

"Is Miranda in her room?" I asked.

She nodded. "She has not come out of it since morning."

I sighed. "I'll try my best to do what I can Mrs. Whitlock."

"Thank you my dear."

"Hey Jules." A voice called me.

I saw a smiling Jacob waving at me.

"Hi Jake. How are you? How's Monica?"

"We are fine." He grinned. "How are you doing? I hardly see you at school these days."

" I am just about the place."I said, laughing.

Jacob made me feel a bit better.

"Jake, did you get the document?" A worked up Michael suddenly entered the room and asked.

My mouth fell as I saw my boyfriend. Even after studying so long, he was looking PERFECT. He was wearing a loose shirt with Jeans,   glasses and his hair was messed up in a way that made me wanna make out with him.

 He was wearing a loose shirt with Jeans,   glasses and his hair was messed up in a way that made me wanna make out with him

"Going mate. Just talking with Jules here on how she is holding up." Jacob winked at me. "See you later Ms. Waters." He gave me a one armed hug.

Jacob left. Michael grinned at me and kissed my forehead.

"Sorry babe. I haven't been the best boyfriend for a while."

"Its okay Michael. I know how important your upcoming project is for you to enterIvy League School." I reassured him.

His arms pulled me closer to him. He tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ear and carressed my cheeks. Then, he but his lips on mine and we started kissing.

"Michael......"

"Yes babe?"

"I love you." I said.

He smiled at me. his whole face lighting up, "I love you too Juliet."

"Uh hum lovebirds." Jacob entered the room with a naughty glint in his eyes.

"What do you want Jacob?" Michael rolled his eyes.

"Nothing much really. Just wanted to remind you that we got to finish the project today." He smirked.

Michael sighed. " I'll take you out tomorrow Jules. Be ready at 7."

I smiled happily and kissed him on the cheek. " Go and rock your task."

"See you tomorrow and see if you can put some sense into my sister's head." His face darkened when he said that.

"I will try my best Michael." I said, sighing heavily.

I went up the stairs to Miranda's room. It was locked as I had expected.

I knocked.

"Go away." I muffled shout reached my ears.

"Miranda, its me Juliet. I am not going anywhere today."

"Juliet, please go. I'm not gonna open the door."

"I will not go today. I have a lot of time. I am going to sit outside your door and keep knocking until you open the door."

"Well, if you wanna waste your time.....I have nothing to say."

"You are my best friend . Best friends are supposed to help each other. I am just so hurt that you don't trust me enough to tell me what's wrong."

I heard the sound of the door opening and Miranda came out....her face red. Tears streaming down her eyes......

 Tears streaming down her eyes

I gasped softly..."Miranda......what..."

"Come in Juliet." She said in a broken voice...without any emotion.

After I entered, she locked the room again.

"Miranda, what is wrong with you? You have been pushing us way. You have not attended your classed. Your GPA is gonna fall. Miranda, please....tell me what is wrong with you."

Miranda looked at me..her eyes looking bleak, he lips swollen.

She opened up her mouth and I suddenly knew nothing would ever be the same again.

"Juliet, I am Pregnant."

*************Sorry for the cliffhanger s....

This chapter was very short. Sorry for that guys.....promise to update soon. Love ya all

Isabella