Chapter 7: Raiku, the Legendary Potato

"R-raiku?" she said

"P-pika?" he asked, "Is that you?"

"Of course, I'm Pika! DUHHHHHHHH!!"

He laughed. "You haven't changed."

"Anyway, why are you here? What son? Are you really their son?"

"Yes," he confirmed.

"What?" she said, shocked.

"He's also going to become the next king," the king said.

"Aren't you too young to become king?" she asked.

He replied, "Yes. Yes, I am. But I'm handsome, smart, awesome, and the only son......and HANDSOME!" and winked.

She smiled and sighed of relief, "It's a good thing you haven't changed...You're still stupid though..even if you say you're smart."

"STUPID?" he shouted across the room...or around the whole castle...it even echoes.

"upid.."

"pid.."

"pid..."

"id..."

Pika flashed a face of annoyance. "You didn't need to shout."

"B-but!"

"She's right. You're a prince. Mind your manners," said the queen.

"Alright," he replied politely.

"How about the two of you stay for dinner?" the king said and turned towards Pika and me.

"Our pleasure," Pika said, bowing.

We rushed off to the dining hall. Wow! It's so big and grand. I'm not lying this time!

*time skip*

We had a wonderful dinner but we didn't expect this to happen. The king fainted. And of course, we would be the first to be suspected. Raiku tried to defend us but it was of no use. Then Mr. Potato Doof approached them. Well, we almost forgot about him, didn't we? He was right behind us the whole time.

"Hmph...we can't trust strangers after all..acting like they love and admire the king when they just wanted to kill him! Outrageous!!" he said

"Call the doctor," said the queen, not heeding Dr. Potato Doof's rant for she is worried about her beloved husband's health.

The doctor arrived 15 minutes later and asked, "What is the matter, dear queen?"

"The king fainted. Could it possibly poisoning?" Raiku asked.

"Well, it could've just been stress but I'll take a look."

After the examination....

"Goodness gracious! He has been poisoned with an unknown poison. I don't know of any antidote or cure for I have never encountered this situation before. I estimate that he may die in 2 days time," he said with solemnity and a hint of sadness. "I regret that I have of no use as to now. But I won't give up in finding a cure. Excuse me but I have another appointment," he continued, leaving the castle hurriedly.

"Oh my..R-raiku, prepare yourself. Worse case scenario is that the king would die. Oh...how...who..what..Who could've possibly done this? It may be those two..but it may have been someone else. But who? It can only be those two...Guards!" she called, "Imprison them for the time being!"

What's going to happen to us?

But I guess luck is on our side.

Mr. Potato Doof accidentally dropped a bottle of poison. Is the one who poisoned the king?