Chapter 3: Someone New

Now in perspective of Ayano:
Two days passed since we decided to take a week off to let us heal. I haven't met with either of the guys, I have been a good girl and tried to not move to much and make the wounds reopen. But today Budo insisted on coming over to help me clean them, even if I'm more then capable of doing it myself. It's funny how I was the one that helped him learn at first and now he acts as if he is the only one capable of doing all of this medical stuff.
But I should stop complaining, since I heard a knock on the front door. I open the door and Budo comes in. Grandma comes over and just randomly hugs him. "W-what are you doing!?". "I'm just hugging my future grandson in law". "Still! You are way to nice, what do you want". "I'm also just thanking him". "For what?". "For doing jobs while you were useless". "Budo! You did jobs!?". "Sorry". He looked down like a puppy that was just scolded. "All five clients were very satisfied". "Five!?". Budo looked surprised. "Yes, the five jobs I got information that they were finished". "There is no way. I only did two jobs. I swear". "Only two? I obviously didn't do them, you didn't do the other three... Don't tell me...". We both look at each other and say at the same time: "Taro!". "You mean the useless one?". I ignored her and took out my phone to call him. Budo put his hand over mine to take me to my room. "Let's calm down a bit. Maybe she is just playing games with us. I can't believe he'd actually do them". "Before I say something I want to ask you. How did you take the papers for the jobs? When?". "I took them while you two were sleeping". "And Taro must have taken them after you left and I was still sleeping". Then a memory came to mind. "I just remember when he took his clothes to change I heard a sound similar to paper. He must have hidden them there and then in his pockets". "I took only the ones from the back, the easier ones I thought you wouldn't notice I took. They were just killing one person each". We took the portfolio and looked through. The jobs we noticed were missing were more than three and all were harder then what Budo took, like killing 10 to even 25 people. "I can't believe he would do this". Budo's face was getting a bit red. "I just hope he isn't hurt". "I'm sure he is fine physically, all the jobs seem to be the type to sneak from behind and kill, witch should be easy with his special gloves. What I'm worried the most is his psychical condition, last time he had so many nightmares, he probably is tormented by those dreams a thousand times worse this time". "Should we call him?". "Yes, but don't tell him why, just say we want to hang out". "Right, calling now". I put the phone on speaker and wait, he isn't picking up. We call again, no answer. I call a third time, it answered! "Taro! You finally picked up!". "This is brothers phone, he forgot it home. I'm his sister". "Oh, hi". "You're a girl! You're his girlfriend aren't you! This last few days he has been acting stranger, like not coming home during the night or coming in the middle of the night. Stop stealing my brother from me, I don't care if you are his girlfrie...". Budo leaned in closer to the speaker and said. "Aya is my girlfriend, so don't worry". "Budo-kun! I know you are friends, but tell him to come home and play with me". "Yes, yes. I'll hang up now". "Wait...". He ended the conversation before she could finish. "This is bad, he really is doing the jobs". I hear sound from the stairs and then the door opened and grandma entered with her phone in her hand. "I just got news that another job was just finished and I collected the money". "Tell us where the job was so we can go look for him". We got the details and immediately left.
We got to the place and we both were pale. The police didn't learn of this yet and none of the evidence was cleaned... There were bodies everywhere, all stabbed through either the back or the chest. "I can't believe this is Taro's doing". Budo shook his head in disbelief. I put my hand over my mouth and looked down in shock. This isn't a sight I'm not used to, but to think it was done by the hands of the guy with the bright smile that made me happy for the first time. "It's my fault he changed...". "It's not your fault! When I find him I'll give him a beating and wake him up". Budo was fired up. He took my hand and lead me away from there. "Where would he go next?". "Maybe home? He must be tired". "Let's hope so. If he is covered in blood he probably took the small streets on his way home. It takes longer, so if we hurry on the normal way we might get in front of his house before him". "Aya, your leg is still hurt, let me carry you". "Do I have a choice?". "No". "Fine". He knelt down and I got up on his back and he got up holding my legs.
He ran really fast even if he carried me. We got there in no time. Soon Taro showed up, he was wearing a black hoodie even if it's hot out, to cover the blood. "Taro...". He looked surprised to see us. "What's up, what are you doing here?". "We can't let you do this anymore". He looked away from me. I came up close to him and held his face between my palms and looked him into the eyes. "Tell me why you did it". "I don't want you to be in danger because of me... I thought if I did as many jobs as possible you wouldn't feel pressed by time and do something reckless". "Reckless like what you did?". I giggled, but he still didn't smile. Budo came over and put his hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?". "Yes". He answered without any hesitation. "W-well that's good... Just tell us if anything is bothering you". "I'm totally fine". Once again he said it with a honest look. "But last time...". "Last time was different!". He got agitated over Budo's words. I have to ask him... "Why do you feel like it's different this time". "Last time it happened without me wanting for it to happen. I wasn't prepared". "And now you are...". He nodded and I felt tears form in my eyes. He became just like me... He put his hand on my face, wiping away my tears.
I smile and wait for his smile, but it still doesn't appear. "Please come over to my place to clean up. You can't risk your family finding out". "It's fine, I don't have a change of clothes either way". "You are coming". Said Budo with a serious tone. "I'll give you some of my clothes I have there". Budo takes me on his back again. "Why this time? We aren't running anywhere". "I just love carrying you around, and also your leg isn't healed yet".