Chapter 4

BRANDON ON THE SIDE

hi guyyssss✌️ I forgot to mention, anybody who copies this story into their account will be prosecuted. This story is under copyright and is not allowed to be reproduced or edited in your own words in any way.

Sorry about that, I wanted to make it clear.

Enjoy!

-Maia xox

Ps. I'm sorry for not updating in a while. Bad Maia. Bad, bad Maia. Love youu all✌️

----------------------------------------------

*_*_*_*_* Lilly's POV *_*_*_*_*

Pain. Pain was all I felt. It surrounded me, suffocated me. I couldn't breathe. I knew shifting was painful, but I didn't think it would be this bad. All I could do was scream, and cry, and wrap my arms around myself, hugging myself, comforting myself. It was all I could do.

For some werewolves, shifting lasted for 5 minutes. Some an hour. Some could last for days. Days of writhing about, waiting for the pain to subside. I didn't know if my shift would last for minutes, or days. I certainly hope it wasn't days.

Suddenly, I felt a snap. A snap of my bones. The pain was unbearable. It was worse than the beatings. Worse than the time my brother and sister cut me. Worse than when the entire pack laughed as I fell down the stairs, breaking my arm, and a leg in the process. This was worse than even the emotional pain I felt. Being rejected, being tormented. All I could do was cry. I was going to die.

Werewolves die if they don't have their mates by their side when they shift. I knew that in a matter of minutes, I would be gone. In the heavens. About time.

I heard another crack, but this wasn't from me. With all my strength, I opened my eyes, and saw a startled white wolf, staring back at me with icy blue eyes. Beautiful. He was beautiful.

'MATE MATE MATE!!' My wolf sung out happily. She can't be right. I hav- had, a mate. Noticing his pure white fur, I was shocked, to say the least.

White wolves were non- existent, apart from a pack in South America. They were superior to our kind, with increased stamina, strength and authority, all werewolves bowed down to them. If a white wolf was in the presence of member of the High Council, the white wolf wouldn't bow down - it would be the other way round. Also, they were the only type of werewolves to have bright blue eyes in their wolf forms.

I quickly recovered from my daydream, since the pain was getting worse. Black spots crowded my vision. Before i blacked out, I saw multiple flashes of white, and more piercing blue eyes. All I could do was scream out one word.

Help.

Darkness followed.

----------------------------------------------

*_*_*_*_* Brandon's POV *_*_*_*_*

Screams were heard throughout the woods. Bouncing off every single tree, echoing round our territory. I frowned at the sound, sniffing the air, trying to find out if the sound came from a human, or a werewolf. Finally, I caught a scent. Raspberries and vanilla engulfed me. It smelled sweet - all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around the girl who smelt so beautiful. Suddenly,I growled. I felt in pain that the girl was suffering. I wanted it to stop. I needed it to stop.

Catching myself mid-thought, I shook my head. Only mates can make you feel like that.

'Evie's gone, Brandon.' I scolded myself. 'Evie's dead.'

I growled once more, as the screams got louder, convincing myself that I was only angry because a werewolf was on my territory without my permission.