Chapter 11

*Ava's P.O.V*

I was slipping my yellow tank top over my head and slipped on my yellow ballet flats. Ryan was sprawled out on my bed pretending to read my newest issue of seventeen. He showed up in my room as I was walking out of the shower so I was forced to change back into my pajamas and change my clothes in my closet.

"Are you ready yet? We're gonna miss the appointment."

"Ok, I'm coming out right now." I said as I grabbed my phone and wallet. I'm officially 15 weeks and since I'm almost towards the halfway mark in my pregnancy, I decided to go to the doctors a week early. Even though we never really announced anything, the whole school knows I'm pregnant and that it's Ryan's. We decided after he told both our parents that there was no point in hiding my baby bump anymore. I think I must've grown in the last 7 days because my bump is huge. Ryan opened the car door for me and after I buckled up, we headed towards the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ryan's P.O.V*

"So, are you ready to see the baby?" Ava asked. We were sitting in the waiting room at the hospital.

"As excited as I'll ever be." I said. Even though she didn't say anything, I could tell that Ava could see I was nervous.

"Ava Spanos." the nurse said. We got up and the nurse led us into a small room. She handed Ava a clipboard of paperwork to fill out and left us to wait for the doctor.

"Stop looking like that. The doctor's just gonna see how the baby is." She gave me a quick kiss just as the doctor waked in.

"Hello Ava, and how are you?" the doctor asked.

"As fine as can be." When she finally acknowledged that I was in the room she stuck out her hand for me to shake.

"Hi, I'm doctor Chang. You must be the baby's father."

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand.

Ava laid back on the table and lifted up her shirt. Seeing her bare stomach made the whole thing seem so surreal. The doctor put blue jell onto her stomach. Ava grabbed my hand as we waited to see our baby. As we waited for doctor Chang to turn the monitor, we could both see the puzzled look on her face.

"Is everything ok?" Ava asked. I squeezed her hand tightly trying to keep her from having a nervous breakdown.

"Um, everything seems normal and healthy." the doctor said.

"What's wrong with the baby?" I could tell she wasn't telling us the whole story.

"The thing is, you guys are having more than one baby." she stated. She slowly turned around the monitor to show 2 large circles.

"Oh my god." Ava said silently. Tears started to swell her eyes and she couldn't keep them from falling. She sat up and kissed me passionately before lying back down to finish the ultrasound.

"Would you both like an ultrasound picture?" doctor Chang asked.

"Yes." I said all too quickly. It was one thing knowing Ava was having one baby. But now we know she's having twins. I knows it's going to be a challenge but these are my kids. And right now, they're the most important thing in my whole world, sharing the same spot with the love of my life. Ms. Ava Anita Spanos.