Someone Special

A cute shance fake dating au idea since I keep seeing it and I love it so much
What if Shiro and Lance have to act like they're together for some alien alliance or something and Shiro thinks at first Lance would be flirty and using his brand of pick up lines on him throughout the whole shebang. (Which is not too bad since it might come off as them being 'obviously' in love or at least interested in each other.)
Then he learns that Lance can be surprisingly romantic, unexpectedly wholesome, soft and sweet. Even if they might be fake, Lance's words could swoon any beating heart.
like Lance talking to an alien about Shiro dreamily: "He has to be strong and tough since he's the leader and all but when he lets go just a little bit, he has this warm smile that makes even the sun jealous." Shiro is overhearing this and just his heart is beating a mile a minute and he is getting super flustered.
The blue paladin treats his special someone with so much respect, like the they deserve the world kinda deal. (Lance pines for Shiro but doesn't think he has a chance with him so he hides it but he might as well milk this opportunity for all its worth.) Shiro finds himself falling hard and fast.
Bonus points if Lance sort of drew inspiration from his parents or grandparents who are just the most affectionate, loving, happy couples he has ever known and he always wanted something like that with his special someone.