Chapter Eight

I walked back into the house with Bane trailing behind me. I got curios glances from Luka, Eden, and Jayden. I gave them all a small reassuring smile but got nothing in return. I glanced behind me at Bane who was just looking at them and I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

        Bane suddenly looked down at me, but this time there was something different in his crystal blue eyes, he actually seemed genuinely worried. I was curious as to why he was worried and as if sensing my curiosity, he looked away. He walked into the kitchen leaving me with three curious strangers. I glanced at them as they glanced at me and suddenly the boy with auburn hair and bright green eyes stood up.

        "Hi, my name is Luka, we haven't properly met," Luka says while glaring into the kitchen. He then held out his hand to me.

        I stared at his hand for a couple seconds before he dropped it and looked away, "Arya," I whispered and he glanced at me again.

        "No offense, but would you mind explaining to us why you are here? Bane is being a complete ass about everything, like normal, and has only told us that you will be staying here from now on," the boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes said. "I'm Jayden by the way."

        I was quiet for a few moments wondering if I could tell them what happened to me or how much I should tell them. I glanced at Bane in the kitchen, "Umm..." I started.

       "Yesterday when I brought her here, about twelve hours or so before her parents had been murdered and she was orphaned. I know what the man who killed them is planning and I know why he did it and to somewhat help Arya not get killed by that man, I brought her here. But make no mistakes, I will kill her myself if she chooses to disobey me," Bane explained as he walked from the kitchen, glaring at me.

        I got looks of shock from all three of them. I looked down and then suddenly I felt a presence behind me. I looked up into the same cold eyes I looked into just last night when I was given a place to stay. I glanced back at the others who were now looking at Bane with shock and Eden's even held amazement.

        "Come with me, I'm sorry they bothered you about such recent events," Bane said in a dark voice before glaring at all three of the others through the hair that had fallen into his face. In my personal opinion, he honestly looked scarier like this, when he was being calm but still looked deadly. Honestly, I didn't know anything about him, any of them, all I knew was that Bane has killed before and for all I knew the others have helped him before.

        As soon as Bane's eyes cut back down at me I nodded. "Okay," I said, glancing at the others.

        Bane suddenly turned around and started walking, leaving no indication but his words that I should follow him. With one last glance at the others I followed Bane as he went down a hall under the staircase. The halls were just as extravagant as the rest of the house, wide and held a certain dark beauty to them, I always loved Victorian houses like this. As I took in the beauty of Bane's house I watched from the corner of my eye as Bane looked over his shoulder to watch me.

        I glanced at him, but he didn't look away. He looked at me with a blank stare as he continued to walk down the long hallway. "You have a very beautiful house," I said, trying to make the situation less awkward.

        "Thank you," he said before turning around just as he took a left down another hall. "This is the library, it is my father's," Bane said and stopped in front of two tall, wide wooden doors.

        Bane opened the doors to reveal a vast room with millions of books to choose from. I look around in astonishment as I quickly pick up the first aged book I see. I look at Bane who seemed to have a look of amusement in his eyes. I then turned and gave him a small smile before looking back at the book.