αѕk mє hσw í knσw

Ask Me How I Know sung by Garth Brooks

What was he feeling? This thing sitting inside of him was something he had never felt before. It gave him butterflies and made him blush uncontrollably. This wasn't something he had before. Was he sick?

Lovesick is what others told him, though he seriously doubted it. Flynn Rider never falls for a girl. He would never be the one to settle down. He had to have his freedom, a freedom that you couldn't get if you were married. He was a bachelor, a badass bachelor.

But Eugene Fitzherbert, he would give anything to have a family, a family that he had always dreamed about. He wanted to find his true love and be a father, a father he never had.

But Eugene doesn't exist anymore. Eugene was his childhood name that most people didn't know. His name is now Flynn Rider. He is Flynn Rider, the coolest and sexiest man alive.

Flynn Rider made all of the rules. He was as stubborn as a mule. No matter what, he did everything his way, even if it wasn't right. Flynn would never stick around with her.

Her, as in Rapunzel. She was definitely the hottest girl in town. She had long, blonde hair and large, emerald green eyes. She made Greek goddesses jealous with her slim waist and preppy attitude. Best of all, she was all his. He swore he would never find a girl like her.

But, for some reason, he just couldn't get her out of his head. Somehow, she had pushed her way into his stupid, arrogant, hardened heart. For the past week, he had been trying to figure out how she got this hold on him.

Everything he did, he saw her in it, and it scared him. No one had gotten this close to him. Flynn promised to keep everyone at a safe distance. Once girls started to fall for him, he always dumped them, but Rapunzel was different. For some reason, he couldn't get rid of her.

But he had to. He had to hold onto his pride. He couldn't be known for becoming some sucker who had fallen head over boots for some chick. No, he had to prevent that from happening.

He starting building up his wall, making it impossible to let her in. In his heart, he wanted to become something more with her, but in his mind, he knew he couldn't. His parents didn't want him so why would anyone? To protect his feelings, he kept everyone and everything away.

They entered the bar, both of them taking a seat. She ordered a margarita and he ordered his whiskey. He knew what was coming from the look on her face. She twisted towards him, furrowing her eyebrows. "Flynn, we need to talk." She stated.

He set down his glass, eyeing her. "About what, Blondie?" He asked. He rested his elbows on the counter, slightly arching his eyebrow.

She took a deep breath, resting her hands on her lap. "Have I done something wrong?" She questioned, confusion present in her voice. He had been closing her off, making her think she was too clingy or annoying.

"Why would you think that?" He fired back, furrowing his eyebrows. She let out a sigh and pushed back her blonde hair. She really didn't want to spell it out for him. She thought he would think she was crazy.

"Well, I don't know." She mumbled, shrugging her shoulders. He leaned in closer to her, slightly imitating her. She bit her lower lip, looking into his brown eyes.

God. Why did she have to pull that face? It was making his heart flutter, something he laughed at. Only idiots would fall in love, and he was one of them. He shoved down his feelings, changing his mood into anger, a feeling he was comfortable with. "Rapunzel, why would you think that?" He repeated, glaring at her.

She gulped, debating whether to tell him or not. Of course, she went with her gut. He had to know, besides he would understand. "Well, you've been acting different lately. You've started pushing me out." She whispered, her eyes darting back and forth from his and the floor.

He let out a slight chuckle, making her think she was stupid. Eugene would never do that to her. He loved her. He's told her that millions of times. "Rapunzel, I'm not acting differently. I'm acting like myself. I'm being Flynn Rider." He gloated.

She scoffed, glaring up at him. This was his normal self? No. This was Flynn. "Well, when will you be Eugene again?" She spat.

He tightened his jaw, his mood darkening. "Don't you ever say that name again. I'm Flynn Rider. Understood?" He hoarsely whispered in her face. She scrunched her face, not scared of him.

"Well, Rider, when Eugene comes back, call me. Because until then, we're done." She fired back. She slipped her purse over her shoulder and marched out of the bar. She wiped the tears under her eyes, trying not to lose it in public.

He watched her walk away. Unlike before, he felt something in his heart. He felt sadness. Being the man he was, he decided to drown his sorrow in whiskey. She would eventually slip from his mind. "You let her go." A voice spoke.

Flynn turned, looking at the older man beside him. His blue eyes were filled with sadness. His hair was a patchy gray and black. His face was just starting to wrinkle around his eyes and mouth. He couldn't be much older than 50. "You just let her walk out."

Flynn softly chuckled, amused by him. This guy had no idea what he was talking. "You love her," He added, watching Flynn toss his drink back again. "I know, because you're just like me."

Flynn shook his head, a smile gently fading on his face. "You're wrong. You're just another fool." He stated.

The old man licked his lips, looking over Flynn. "I'd give anything to go back and try to get my true love back. You don't understand what you're missing out on. Please, don't end up like me."

"Listen, I know exactly what I'm doing." Flynn quickly defended. He wasn't going to take this, not from some old timer. He was wrong. This guy didn't know anything about him.

Flynn stood up, walking away towards the door. "You let her go. You didn't even beg her to stay. You pushed her away 'cause that's all you know how to do. You swore that you'd never settle down," he called out, making Flynn stop and stare at him. He looked into his dull, blue eyes. "Ask me how I know."

~~~~~~~~~~
BTW: I moved my SVU Drabbles to a different one shot book. If you want to check it out, go for it. It's called SVU one shots. I just felt you guys should know, hahaha.