mr. mσm

Mr. Mom sung by Lonestar

Eugene walked into his house, anger clear on his face. Three of his kids zoomed past him as he headed towards the kitchen. Her blonde hair was tightly pulled in a bun onto of her head. She turned around, spotting her husband. "Hi, Eugene." She greeted.

"Rapunzel, I have to talk to you 'bout something." He started as the baby cried in the living room. Rapunzel nodded her head and wiped her hands on her pink apron.

"What?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. Eugene rolled his eyes. She wouldn't be happy with this news.

"I lost my job. Sorry." He stated. She frowned and gave him a big hug. She pulled away, rising to her tiptoes then smacked her lips against his.

"That's too bad," she sighed, patting his cheek. "I can go back to work until you find another job."

Stay home until he finds a job? That sounded fabulous! He would get to watch TV all day. Not to mention taking naps whenever he pleased and eating junk food for dinner. He would go from a hard working dad to a Mr. Mom.

xxx
Monday morning came sooner than he planned. He woke up to three kids bouncing on his bed at 5:30. Rapunzel had already left for work and it was still dark outside. He groaned and got out of bed. Oh well, just a little bit earlier than he planned.

"No! Don't throw your cereal, Tobias!" Eugene shouted as the five year flung his cereal across the table. Two of the girls screamed, disgusted with his soggy cereal landing near them.

"Dad!" Danielle shouted, scrunching her nose. She was thirteen. She shouldn't have to deal with this. Tobias giggled as Eugene quickly chased after the naked three year old. "Rebecca! Get back here!"

Breakfast at six turned into World War 3. Eugene quickly rewinded Barney as he helped Sally get dressed. She might be eight, but he wasn't going to let her leave the house in her ballet outfit. "Dad! Josh can't find his shoes!"

"Josh, you are eleven years old. How can you lose your shoes?" He exclaimed as Sally quickly ran to the front door. Eventually, he gave up and let Sally wear a red shirt with pink overalls. What was the difference?

"Bus!" Josh shouted as the yellow school bus pulled up to the front door. Eugene sighed and stood by the doorway. He bent down, kissing each one of them on the head.

"Goodbye, Sally. Goodbye, Josh. Goodbye, Danielle." Eugene sighed as they ran out the front door. Danielle groaned and stormed out. Didn't Dad understand that she was too old for kisses?

He turned around, seeing the other three had already took over the house. Cries were heard in the living room as a loud crash came from the kitchen. Oh boy. Picking the kitchen, he found Tobias smashing the pots with wooden spoons. "Tobias, get out of here." He groaned as the child quickly ran to the living room, giggling like crazy.

He rewinded Barney for the 15th time and it wasn't even 8:30. "Don't you get sick of this, Rebecca?" He asked as the little girl happily sat on the couch. She shook her head and smiled.

Baby cries were heard from their bedroom. Charlotte was awake. Eugene groaned and went to grab the baby. She was surprised to see him, but didn't fuss. He placed her in high chair as he looked at the clock. Nine o'clock. Thank god. "Nap time!" He smiled.