(11.) Sayonara

"Zutto koshite..... kimi o tsutsunde ...yorisoi aruketanara ....."

Ten had just dropped by at the school dance studio when a familiar tune and melody boomed from the speakers, rung past the entire dance room, and echoed through the walls. Ten knew the song immediately after the beat dropped. It was a popular Japanese piece- Sayonara Hitori (A Lonely Goodbye).

He stood by the door, peaking through the glass- someone was inside. Ten made sure he was quiet as he entered the room, he did not want to disrupt the other as he was engrossed in his art. Ten watched silently. Taemin was very beautiful when he danced, Ten decided.

Taemin started off simple, sat on the floor, his body was loose and soft like a feather even as he trashed around, light and nimble, spun in circles and threw his hands in numerous directions. But as the volume started to increase and when the song came into chorus, so did his movements. He had stood up, popped then locked his body in the right ways and Ten was left in awe. Taemin as a person in general and as a dancer were two different people entirely, he had a whole different personality when he performed and Ten was utterly speechless at each movement. The demeanor the teacher carried when he turned and easily waved his body was extraordinary, his eyes and facial expression screamed intense concentration and it was remarkable, it added effect to his over-all presentation.

For a dancer, Taemin was strong yet he still had control over his movements and it never crossed as shabby, vain, or lacking. He was fluid, like a flowing stream on a sunny day, his actions were sharp and precise that even his breathing seemed like it was in sync with the melody of the song. Beads of sweat were evident on his forehead from all his excessive actions but as he threw his head back marginally, luminous flashes from the lights of the room hit his face, it made it seem like he was glittering and Ten was taken aback at the sight. Taemin was so focused that he hadn't noticed Ten gawk at him from the side. Taemin drowned himself as he performed for self satisfaction- a true artist.

The beat slowly died down and faltered, and Taemin was back on the floor, panted heavily to catch his breath - it was done. "That was amazing, sir!" Ten exclaimed enthusiastically and found himself clapping his hands when the music stopped.

Taemin turned his head to the source of the applause, then stood up and smiled to acknowledge the younger boy's presence. "What did I tell you, Ten? Call me hyung if we're out of the classroom."

"Sorry, still not used to it." Ten rubbed the back of his nape sheepishly.

"Yeah, you will be." Taemin beckoned for him to come near and Ten did before he dropped his things at the corner. Taemin was drinking from his bottle as his other free hand wiped the sweat on his neck and face with a towel. "That was the dance that I want to teach you. A colleague of mine choreographed it while she was in Japan and taught it to me. I thought it would be amazing if you did it too, the style suits you."

"I don't think I could dance it like the way you do though," Ten mumbled, quite embarrassed. Taemin was talented in dance, Ten could never compare to the elder's caliber. The expectations were high since Taemin himself had offered to teach Ten some routines outside class hours and Ten did not want to disappoint him.

"What are you talking about? You are an amazing dancer." Taemin had only began teaching at Labyrinth for a few days but in between classes, he had deemed Ten to be impressive and noted him as a very fast learner. He was the best in his batch and Taemin wanted to explore the younger's potential some more.

Taemin's words had a way of boosting his ego and self-confidence. "Yeah, why else would you waste your time teaching me, right?" Ten teased and Taemin laughed. They began their session shortly after Ten had finished his stretches and Taemin was ready to start.