CHAPTER 32- The other way

"You focus so much on the negatives in life that you fail to see the hidden blessings, because we are too busy staring at the thorn rather than appreciating the beauty of a rose"

__________

AYMAN'S POV

Aahil's gaze was still on my sister and my fists were still tightly clenched. I coughed a little to get his attention and motioned for him to follow me, he did look nervous though but he also knew that this had to be done.

We walked through the back doors and sat on the swings in the backyard. "Okay, before you start with anything you should know that I didn't intend for any of this to happen" Aahil stated and then he sighed in relief like he wanted to say this for a long time and now he's over with the burden.

I was silent for a few minutes as I didn't know where to start from or what to say, but finally opened my mouth and spoke whatever came in my mind first.

"Why Aahil? You knew how protective I am of my sister but you still did this. And now you give her these looks like a love-struck Romeo? Why?" I tried my best to keep my voice low but it was really difficult, my own best friend fell in love with MY sister!

This would have been a great thing for other friends but not me, I had made it clear that my sister is off limits to everyone from the first day of high school, but it looks like my best friend here didn't get the message.

"Will you at least let me speak?" he asked in a low voice, trying to convince me as politely as possible.

"Well please go ahead, enlighten me with your bullshit stories" I gritted out.

He got up from the swing and came to sit on a chair opposite me, he took a long breath and opened his mouth to speak, "okay, at the beginning of this year when Ay pl-"

I cut him off before he spoke further, "it's Ayesha, you only get to call her Ayesha"

He let out a sigh and then continued, "Ayesha played a prank on me, and so I decided to get back on her by slipping notes into her locker, I wrote down some lovey-dovey shit because I knew it would get her frustrated. At first this was only for revenge, but when I continued with it, I realized I'm writing down all my feelings. I... I didn't know how or when this happened, but it happened Ay... I'm... I'm in love with-"

A loud thud was heard when Aahil fell to the ground, yes I punched him before he could even finish his bloody sentence.

Anger

All I felt at that moment was anger towards the person lying on the ground, I wanted to kick him, punch him even harder and then kick him again. But before I could do anything or move forward, I heard a loud gasp.

OH

NO

AYESHA'S POV

I gasped at the sight in front of me, Ay had his jaw clenched and looked down at Aahil, who was lying on the ground with blood slightly dripping from the side of his lips.

Ay noticed my presence and looked at me with horror evident on his face, "what in the world are you doing Ayman?" I yelled, I've never seen him this angry before, he's been behaving really weird lately.

"He deserved it" he simply answered and shrugged. Just then, Aahil got up from the ground and looked apologetically at Ay.

WHAT?

Didn't Ay just punch him or something?

Then why does Aahil look guilty?

All this is just really frustratingly confusing and I need to end this now, "Ayman Aamir Karim, apologize to him right now" I ordered Ay and narrowed my eyes at him.