Chapter 1; The Upcoming Tournament

CHAPTER ONE

England,1479

It was nearly dawn when King Henry of  Windsor sent his men and servants to prepare for the upcoming tournament of the year ,the joust, in which where two fighters wielding lances on horseback and attempting to knock the other player to the ground.

Lord Frederick ,the Earl of Renford, arrived early noon at the arena to prepare his son Christopher for the tournament. But Lord Christopher however was a notorious rake so for now he kept his hands full with women.Lady Catherine,daughter of Lord Frederick, on the other hand was eagerly excited.

She is a girl of 18 that was filled with so many mysteries for she hid her beauty under those big circular spectacles.Her hair was raven black that was tied up to a bun.She never really cared of how she looked. When she sat near her cousin Alexandria at the arena ,she looked like a wild weed near a summer rose beauty.

 "Cathy,how could you withstand this weather ?! The heat is killing me." said Alex to Cathy while fanning herself.

"Alex, your over reacting. Well it can't be helped,it's summer and it's not that hot. The breeze is just perfect."said Cathy.

"When is the tournament starting any way? I would have never come along with you if  I knew this would happen"

" Alex, I never forced you to come with me and you said yes anyway because  you wanted to find your soulmate here.Am I right ?" Cathy said with a hint of humor in her tone.

 Alexandria blushed in hearing that notion."Well at least I'm doing my efforts husband -hunting than you doing absolutely  nothing of sort. Well what do you expect from a girl who is just hiding behind in those big horrible spectacles."Alex said in anger.

 "Well I don't want to get married just yet and when I marry I want to be with a man who could make me the happiest bride."Cathy sighed as a sign thinking that it was impossible that someone could actually love a girl like her."I think I should go visit Christopher and see if he is done preparing." Before Alex could respond Cathy stood up and went to her brother's station where he could prepare.

Well I think while I'm gone she will probably get herself entertained with a man.There are many young handsome bachelors staring at her a while ago ,Cathy thought and sighed asking the heaven's,Will there ever be a man who could actually love me?

This is not the time to be talking to yourself with those kind of things Cathy, your here to support your brother in the tournament, not find yourself a husband like Alex, she thought and rushed towards her brother's station.

Wearing a brilliant smile,Catherine opened her brother's curtain door."Chris, I bid you good luck." "Huh, Where is he???" she said after seeing the that the room was empty.She sigh in disappointment knowing her brother was yet again flirting with some of his lady friends. She spotted her brother's armor and looked left and right to see if  there was someone around the place but appeared that no one was around.She took off her spectacles and begun undressing her powdered blue gown and wore her brother's armor out of curiosity.

For a girl who was  taller than most men, it was considered a burden for her but  for now it didn't  really matter because lenght of her brothers armor fitted her perfectly, the size was the problem she has forgotten that Christopher  was already 20 and that he possesed broad shoulders already.And for the finishing touch she placed the helmet properly on her head.

"Well,well look at you. Now I think it's better if you entered the tournament other than me." said by a deep voice behind her with a hint of laughter in his tone.

"Chris?!!! Where have you been the tournament is almost starting?"Cathy anounced furiously.

"I can't leave such a pretty girl alone would you now.?And by the way the armor looks good on you like a real man for a height such as yours."Christopher said teasingly.

" Huh? Ahhh... I forgot to take it off." Cathy panicked realizing she was still wear the armor.She began to undress but before she could take off her helmet,one of the manservants who prepared the tournament was draging her to the arena.It was too late to protest. How will she get out of  this mess.

 Good  Luck Cathy ,your going to need it but you were better in horseback riding and jousting than me anyway.Christopher thought as he stared at his sister being dragged to the arena.