Chapter 4;The Encounter at the Royal Garden

Chapter Four

At the Royal Palace,Lord Frederick and his children came to celebrate the birthday of the king's second daughter.Lord Frederick as the single parent of his two children was being asked about why when his wife died he never remarried.He was a handsome man in hid mid forties.He was the older version of Christopher,with his blond hair and emerald green eyes.

Christopher on the other hand was the center of attention of the ladies.He was so far one of the most handsome man in the ballroom tonight.When he stood near his father they were such a stunning sight,like a potrait.Catherine however was late for the royal ball.She wanted to wear her mother's gold pendant so she could feel her mother's presence near her.

Oh dear,I know I'm late but I hope it's not that too late.Oh well,it's going to be a long night anyway. Royal balls always last until past midnight,especially now it's a celebration of the second princess' birthday.Catherine said inwardly as she rode her carriage and  went to the Royal palace.

Her carriage stopped infront of the palace gate and she went inside the palace and saw that there was no longer any more guide. It was her second time but she would always get lost.She wander for several times but instead of going staight  to the ballroom she found herself at the royal garden.

Oh great Cathy,now what are you going to do? You have been walking in circles for quite sometime now and here you are in the garden instead of the Royal ballroom.Cathy sighed thinking what she was going to do.She looked up the sky and saw that the moon was full.She stood near  the pond that was surrounded by so many different kinds of flower that was enhanced under the moonlight.

At that point of time the Duke Richard's son,Lord Edward was roaming around the the Royal garden to get his mind off the girl whom he saw at the arena.He just can't take away those beautiful blue eyes out of his mind that shined likes sapphires but at the same time rage consumed him when she actually put him in shame.He can't accept that he lost to her especially when it was unfair.

Lord edward stopped walking when he reached the ponand saw a lady standing there.even from the black he saw her raven black hair,braided to side that had a butterfly shaped hairpin,he saw as he walked closer.She was wearing a powdered blue gown that had it's strings at the back crisscrossed that showed the inner clothing was white.

 "Now what should I do,how can find the ballroom now?"Cathy softly mumbled to herself and sighed.

"It looks to me your lost."An unknown voice said at the back of Cathy but how come it's so familiar.He continued to say "At the back of the big tree here,you can fine a small door that can lead you to the ballroom."

Cathy turned around with a big smile,happy about that someone actually gave her directions. "Thank you very much for your help." she paused as she saw the man standing there.

"You?"he said in disbelief.As he saw the blue eyes that he once saw at the arena.

Cathy stood still and didn't know what to do. Her mind was panicking.Him! Of all people,HIM!!! The man from the arena.Can I even survive this?This was a wrong time to take my spectacles off.Better get out of here while I still  can.

"It was nice to see you again,but I think I need to go now.Bye" Cathy said calmly even though her body was shaking and waved her hand at the same time as a goodbye sign.She started to walk away but the man stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Oh no your not. I let you go once and I'm not letting you go again.Now you got a lot of explaining to do"he said as he grabbed her waist and looked in to her sapphire eyes."Never again,your going to pay for what you did to me at the arena."

She tried to break free from his hold,but only made it worse.He made his hold tighter and he began to say."Nice try but your not getting away from me."She struggled even more that made her say...

"I'll scream,I mean it."

"Just try if you can."

"Alright then.HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!"

"Why you little....Keep Quiet."

"HELP!!!HELP!!!PERVERT!!!"

"Argh...Shut up, will you!"

He lost all his remarks and kissed her to make her keep her mouth shut.Cathy was suprised about his sudden attack but why won't she push him away,no she can't push him away.She liked the softness of his lips over hers.But this was her first kiss and to be shared with a man who despises her was crazy.When she regained back her senses, she push him away.Luckily this time the man's hold wasn't that strong that made she easily escape.Now was her chance.She ran towards the door leading to the ballroom and she didn't even think of looking back at man whom she left behind.