Chapter 6; Sweet Warning

CHAPTER SIX

Catherine explained to Christopher about her trouble with Duke Richard's son the moment she found him ~ or found her. Christopher was a great help in cheering her up. So far by now, she was already feeling better. However Christopher in the other hand wanted to talk to Edward but Cathy wanted to confront him herself. That left Christopher no choice but explain to her that Edward was not someone she could handle so easily.

"Cathy, you know he is a man of his word. Once he had said something he will do, he is dead serious about it." Christopher said with a mixture of fear and worry in his tone.

"Well, how could you be sure, Chris? Do you know him?" Cathy said as she looked into her brother's eyes with curiosity.

" You could say, I heard him from a friend. You know Robert right? "  Christopher asked.

"Of course him. He tired to kiss me even though I was still fifteen at that time. How could forget. I still hated you for not doing anything even though you brought him there, at our house!"Cathy said to him and was furious.

"I didn't need to since he never got that kiss anyway. I can't beat a man whom was already beaten by you. I pity his foot it swelled after you kicked him and I warned him not to go near you without my permission anyway." Christopher said teasingly to Cathy.

"Sure you were a big help,all right."She repleid sarcastically.

"As I was saying, Edaward is a man who does not accept defeat so easily and especially now you had confessed to me about your fight about him. You are so dead. But don't worry when I'm around you won't have to deal with him."Christopher said.

Cathy began to calm down at that notion but only for a while. She is protected by her brother but when he is with a lady friend there is no guarantee that he will leave her. Cathy sighed at the thought. At the second thought when she is in trouble, she was first in his priority list. She smiled at her brother exposing two dimples for him to see the answer to what he said. He saw it and began to smile at her. No doubt her brother was always considered her savior and friend more  than her father could be. 

"Cathy, I'm going to grab us some drinks and do you want some tarts to chew on?" Christopher asked.

"All right, a drink and some snack wouldn't hurt. Thank you, Chris."She smiled at her brother as he walked away to get them some food to eat.

Her brother handed her a wine glass and offered her a chocolate tart as he return to where she was standing. Christopher only left her when a certain lady asked him to dance. She smiled at her brother to that she was fine. When Cathy was alone, many young gentlemen began to ask her for a dance too. She danced the night away with 8 men. Her brother began to smile at her when he saw her enjoying herself.

While she was dancing she finally saw Alex, her cousin, who was surrounded by men herself. Alex might not have seen her yet but it didn't really matter as far as she was concerned. Alex would simply destroy her night anyway for she could make gossips about Cathy that are not true so that men could only go to her. Alex was a great attetion seeker and can be easily jealous of Cathy. Cathy was just to beautiful that even Alex can't compeat with her. That was one of the reasons why Cathy hid under her big spectacles to prevent Alex from doing such horrible things to her.But just for tonight she would simply forget her cousin and enjoy.

Cathy began to rest at the corner with men simply surrounding her, trying to get her attension. Lord Lance of Greywood was a very talkative man and friendly at same time. Lord Jason of Hambrige was not bad himself. He was also handsome but not that much. Edward was kinda an excemption to them all. He was so far the handsomest man she has ever met . Too bad, he has a nasty personality. Why was she thinking of him anyway? He was the last person she wanted to see. Or is he? Nevermind. 

"I could see you are enjoying yourself." Edward said at her ear.

"Edward?!" Cathy said as she suddenly turned her head as she heard him from her behind. She began to speak again. "What ...are you doing here? I thought you have already left." 

"No my dear girl and I think you owe me a dance."He grinned as he said this.

"I most certainly have no~" Cathy was cut off as Edward whispered something at her ear.She got silent and let him guide her but before that he was stopped by one of Cathy's companion. 

"What right do you have to take her away from us, mister?"Lord Kenneth said angrily.

"I believe Lady Catherine has promised me a dance and you don't have the right also to stop me." He said calmly as he walked away with her to dance floor.

"You really are a man who can't accept defeat."Cathy softly mumbled hoping Edward not to hear. But her guesses were proven wrong when he responded.

"Yes, I am and it was a good thing you know."He told her as they began to dance.

Edward was really a great dancer and really knows how to guide. They danced and suddenly Edward began to guide her towards outside the garden and she baegan to ask "Why?". But he continued to remain silent. He stopped when they reached the tree that was near the pond where they had met again. 

Edward began to corner her at the tree and moved closer to with both his arms at her sides to prevent her from getting away. Cathy began to panick. 

"You won't dare hurt me. Even though your angry you have~"Cathy was suddenly cut off when Edward suddenly moved his face too close to hers, that she can't even avert her eyes from him, so she simply closed them. She was expecting to be kissed and but instead she began to feel that he started to place something at hair. She began to open her eyes to feel the object he has placed. She felt it was her butterfly hairpin. He began to talk

"You forgot that earlier."As he said this Cathy looked into his eyes.

"You led me here to give me this?"Cathy questioned as her eyes grew bigger.

"Yes. What were you expecting."He said teasingly and continued."Did you expect me to kiss you?"

Cathy blushed at that notion and kicked his leg. When Edward grabbed held his shin, Cathy ran away. After Edward regain his posture since Cathy's kick was not so painful he looked at her as she ran and said silently. "Don't worry, Cathy. The game has only begun. My revenge starts now." After he said this,he simply looked at the moon, grinning at the memory of Cathy's blushing face.