Chapter 2;The Unexpected Duel

Chapter Two

It was already high noon. The sun was high and the crowd roared in excitement.Two fighters at each  end ready to fight. Cathy was at the east side and she was trembling for she never actually joined a real jousting tournament other than challenging her big brother Christopher.Now what she was doing was absolutely madness.She eyed the man she was about to fight and asked the man servant who was preparing the lance she was about to use for the tournament.

"Um, Excuse me,who is the that man over there that I'm about to challenge?"Cathy asked in a deep voice, pretnding to be a man.

"Oh My Lord, for what I know he is a powerful man but I do not know what rank he bestow in the kingdom.Some say he is a knight."the man servant replied"And they say that he is a man who has acheive so many victories and has not lost even once."

 Cathy began to think and talking to herself after the man servants statement.Okay Breath in ,breath out Cathy. You can do this.It is not the first time your going to fight in a jousting competion you never lost to Christopher even once.

 But that was not a real tournament,that was just a childs play challenge.How could you even defeat a man who has never lost before?I'm doomed.

No your not doomed just relax ,okay.If your stressed about this you will just lose your concentration.Be came and don't worry about it okay .Just think this as a challenge and that your just facing your brother and no one more.

 "Fellow subjects,I hear by declare that in honor of my nephew who has return from Scotland, the winner of this tournament shall receive 1000 gold pieces instead of 500 gold pieces."King Henry declared."And now let the tournament begin!"

As Cathy heared the kings statement,she began to panick.The man servant began to hand the lance over to Cathy and she received it with trembling hand. The man servant began to wonder why she was shaking.

"My lord, are you alright? You seem to be trembling."said the man servant.

" I beg your pardon?"Cathy confirmed for she didn't hear what he had said."may you please repeat  what you have said?"

"My lord are you alright?Do you feel ill?Do I need to call the physician to attend your needs sire?"

"No need. I'm feeling great. Now I shall carry on to the duel."Cathy left the man servant and proceeded to the battle ground.She prayed and mumbled to herself."My god, help me."Now she was facing her opponent at the other side of the field and waited for the signal of the flag bearer.

On the left side of Cathy were the seats where he father sat on near her cousin Alexadria and her brother Christopher.Lord Frederick was shocked to see his son sitting near his niece and began to question him why was he there rather than in the field.

"Chris, why are you here? Are'nt you suppose to be there competing not siting here?"Lord Frederick began to realize "If you are here,then who is the person over there,that is representing our family?"

 "Well, It is Cathy competing not me.I found her wearing my armor and~"Christopher said but was stopped but his father's rage.

 "CATHERINE!!!!!!!YOU,Imbecile.!How could let Cathy join this?She is a woman and is forbidded to enter in this kind of tournaments.!Why did'nt you stop her?"

"Father,you didn't let me finish.I was to late because the man servant was already dragging her to the field."Christopher said and took a deep breath before continuing."but don't worry father.Cathy is a more excellent jouster than I ever was."

"Ah!She is 18 and suppose to prepare herself for her upcoming season to be introduced in public not this."Lord Frederick began to stand up to stop the tournament  but it was to late for the flag bearer already gave the signal.

The horses began to move and Cathy began to panick .Oh dear, what do I do?What do I do?Ahh! Now the the two fighters began to be near each other and "Ahh! whats that up there?!"she said in a voice that only her opponent could hear.Bang!She took the advantage that he was distracted and pushed him off his horse and he landed on the ground.

 The crowd roared and Cathy began to unmount her horse to receive her prize.Even her father could not believe his eyes that his daughter actually won and defeated her opponent so easily.Cathy almost couldn't stand up for she know what she did was unfair but no one saw and know what she did only her opponent thus but thats even worse.

 "Congratulations lad for winning.Here is the promished prize."The King said and waved his hand towards his servant as a sign of command.But before Cathy could receive it a voice protested and stop the servant from what he is doing.

"Now that was unfair.Your Majesty, he cheated."The warrior who lost began to stand and walk toward Cathy and said " This man right here distracted me from my concentration,Your majesty."He began to take his helmet off for every one to see who he was.

Cathy loooked at the man beside her and was to see that there could be a man as tall as he.He was around six feet and five inches compared to her height that was five feet and nine  inches. His looks was also so breath taking,he looked like a work of art. He had chocolate brown hair and deep green eyes that was a combination uniqueness. But she remembered that this man was her opponent that she commited a mistake on and she began to say,

"Your majesty,It is one's fault for that he let his thoughts roam around and not focus in what he is facing. So correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any fault in this."Cathy said in a deep voice.

 "Indeed,very well. I here by proclaim Lord Christopher the victor of this jousting tournament."King Henry said and Cathy bowed and began to exit the field but before she reach the big tree  near the arena so she could think ,the man she defeated took grab of her arm and began complaining.

 "You know what you did and don't you dare say you don't know what I'm talking about."said the man.

 My god he was just to handsome, calm yourself Cathy ."I don't know what you are talking about so if I may take my leave now"Cathy began to leave but he grab hold of her arm but she suddenly lost her balance for there was a big rock beneath her feet.She thought she would fall so she closed her eyes and braced herself  but the man's strong hand prevented her from falling.The bad news is that her helmet fell instead of her and revealing her raven black hair that flowed out along with the helmet and exposing her ivory skin. 

 "A woman?"she began to open her eyes and looked into the eyes of the man who saved her from falling and the one who was talking.She realized that her helmet fell. She pushed him,grabed her helmet and ran as fast as she can before he could even reach her. 

 Now,your doomed Cathy.You may have won the tournament but he now knows your a WOMAN! Oh my God, please save me.Cathy pleaded to the heavens while running for her dearest life.