Chapter 7; Morning Ride

CHAPTER SEVEN

As the sun has risen, two horses raced at their speed the ground shaked. Two riders side by side, not wanting to lose to the other. But there could only one winner. The black stallion and her rider has won the race over the brown one.

" Nice race, Chris. I have won 5 in a row against you." Cathy said to Christopher, smiling at atmost victory.

" You really never give mercy to me,Cathy.  Just you wait Jack and I will beat you so don't you worry, and just wait and see." Christopher said to Cathy as he patted the side of his horse's neck.

"Me and Betsy will just be there to beat you again then."Cathy winked at his brother as she said it and began to look forward to see there was a forest up ahead. "Hey, Chris I want to go take a look what is inside that forest."

"No, your not . Father already scolded me once and not again. Cathy that forest looks dangerous." Chris said as he looked toward where Cathy was pointing at.

"Scaredy Cat, come on. we will never know if we don't take a look what is inside." Cathy didn't wait for Christopher to respond. She began to grip her reins and rode towards the forest.

"Cathy! What am I ever going to do to you." Christopher sighed and followed after Cathy.

The forest was surrounded with trees and there was a small lake between it. There was complete silence in it and the only sound you could hear were the birds chipped. The beauty of nature was such a beautiful thing.

"Hey, Chris. For now could you leave me alone I think I want to take a bath." Cathy said to Christopher as she began to unmount her horse near the waters of the lake.

"Huh! You want to take a bath here? Fine I will just go find us to eat later for dinner. I just saw a deer from here. It's a good thing I brought with me my hunting gear. I will be near so I could hear you scream later and just to be safe here's a dagger. You know how to use that right?" Christopher said as he handed her a jeweled dagger from his bag.

"Thanks, Chris. I will be real quick. I just need to clear my mind on something." She said to Christopher  while look at the clear waters of the lake.

"Or do you mean someone....hahaha.....I will be back Cathy." Christopher said as he went on hunting.

Really, Christopher know what is going on before I even say it. He is my brother and being a tease is really in his nature.The water looks good and no one is here. Cathy looked left and right and continued to talk inwardly. I'll wear my camisole just in case.

Cathy began to take her spectacles off and began to undress. After that, she unravelled her hair and only wore a blue camisole that began to stick to her skin as she began to swim.

The water is just perfect. Why do I keep seeing Edwards face? Ahhh! Really I don't know what he intends to do to me but I am not giving in to any of his revenge plan. Cathy why do you keep on thinking about him. This is getting out of hand. just feel the water and relax. Just hope you won't be bothered by him again.

Cathy began to swim around the lake and didn't care about anything for now and just relaxed. 

On the other side of the lake Edward was riding by his horse. He stopped as soon as he heard the waters of the lake spalshing and heard a sweet voice humming. Out of his curiosity he began to unmount his horse and walked toward where the voice was coming from. He hid behind a tree and saw Catherine enjoying the waters.

Her wet camisole  followed the figure of her body. She was a sight to see. Her body was a creation of perfection. Her raven black hair flowed at the waters and her eyes glowed like sapphires. His heart jumped and his desire flared. This girl looked so free as she swam the lake. This girl was looking for trouble. Edward began to undress and swam the lake as well. 

Cathy began to hear the water splashing and small waves began to go to her. She looked around and saw no one there. She kept her dagger at her upper leg that was kept hold by a cloth wrapped around it to her leg. It was always ready for her to use. She was in the middle of the lake. Suddenly someone had risen infront of her. She was shock to see it was Edward.

"EeKK.....Huh, Edward? What are you doing here?" Cathy asked him.

"Wow, now that is a rear reaction from a woman who is almost naked." He grinned as he said it.

"What?~ Ahhhh....You...Dont you dare....Get away from me Edward." Cathy realize her position and took out her dagger and pointing it to Edward.

"Now.what is a lady like you carry something like that and don't worry I won't harm you ~ yet." Edward said to as he grabbed her waist towards him. He took her dagger away from her in swift manner. So much for protecting herself.

"Let me go, Edward. My brother is near here one shout from me and he'll come to my rescue." Cathy warned him.

"That is if you could shout."He didn't give her  a time to reply as he began kissing her gently as it began to turn wild. Cathy began to struggle and slowly her defences began to leave her. He was such a good kisser. His wet chocolate brown hair  shined with the sun's light. The arms that held her were strong and muscled. His kiss began to make her weak. Suddenly he stopped kissing her, and began to kiss her neck.  After that he let her go and said.

"You my dear, beware for the next time we meet. I will claim you as mine." He began to swim away and left her motionless. As he began to go to shore, she was shocked to see that he was had nothing on. She turned her head away from him. She blushed and she heard a him and his horse began to ride away.

Cathy  are you mad. Once again you let him kiss you. He is the very first man you kissed and this must be his way of revenge. Ahhh! I better get out of here.

As she began to dress and saw her brother coming toward her holding a dead deer.

"Nice catch, Chris. We really will have a big dinner tonight." Cathy said to her brother ignoring what had happened earlier.

"Guess. I was lucky today. Wait what is that on your neck? It's all red were you bitten by a bug." Chris asked as he saw a hickey at her neck.

"A very big bug! Lets go home, Chris before I will find that bug and  kill it." She said as she saw that Edward gave her a hickey.

She began to mount her horse and Christopher did likewise. They rode toward home and Cathy once again was bothered by what had happened earlier and began  to think about Edward again. He was crazy and she didn't want to think about him anymore. But he was always there. Why did he had to be so handsome? So much for her morning swim....