Chapter 8; A Suprise Visitor

CHAPTER EIGHT

It's been three days since that incident in the lake happened. Cathy seems to slowly keep her mind away from Edward for while. She made herself busy with reading story books and helping the chef do the meals. Whenever her father has a guest she wil always gladly entertain them but they don't really pay much attention to her. She was either invicible or never there at all. Cathy never made herself presentable at home or when she goes out. She never takes off her big spectacles even though she could clearly see without them. Her eyes can not be seen and her hair was always tide as a bun. There are times she would braid it to the side, when she goes riding.

Alexandria, her cousin, was always the one paid attention to. She is very beautiful and she always do her best to be seen. She will play kind if she needs something from you but she is a venemous snake. She was one of the reasons why Cathy hides her hidden beauty. For whenever there will be a gentleman  who is attracted to Cathy,  she will do at her atmost power to steal him from her. Now Cathy will only believe in the beauty within and hope there would be a man who will love her for who she really is. 

Cathy was now busy preparing for her first season come out.  Her father would be busy hosting now that the party will be held at Renford castle,their home. The upcoming event would be in two days. This time Cathy is hoping to find that certain man of her dreams and he is clearly not Edward.  Or so she thought. 

The incident in the lake made Cathy confused and angry. It was her first time encountering something that daring and she expects to forget it as quickly as possible. But Edward kept dominating her mind. How could she forget those green eyes that looked straight at her and  how his handsome features had haunt her so much. She can't forget his soft lips on her. Why did he need to awaken things she had never felt before.

Time to wake up Cathy. Edward was clearly after his revenge on you. You got to brace yourself. Its not like he will just walk in your door step without any fair warning, right. Cathy thought inwardly as she was read a book in the living room that she can't quite concentrate on. Her father is at his study now and Christopher paid his friend a visit that she never bothered asking whether it is a female or a male. 

Cathy began to lie down at the sofa and slowly closed her eyes. But she was disturbed by the knocking of someone at the maindoor. She took a peak at  the slightly opened door of the living room to where she was sitting. She saw Jack, their butler, running toward the maindoor to see who the visitor was. She walked toward the living rooms door to know who was visiting. But Jack's back was covering the face of the certain visitor. She only heard voices.

"Good afternoon, sir. To whom are you paying a visit, may I ask? And also may you please state who you are." Jack said to the man.

"I am Lord Edward, son of the Duke of Richmond. I have a note to give to the earl of Renford. Is he here?" Edward said to Jack.

"He is at his study. Let me take you there." Jack waved his hand as a gesture to let him in and jack closed the door. He began to lead the way for Edward. 

 Edward! What is he doing here? Cathy panicked as she can barely move her legs from the shock that he was there. Why was her heart begining to flutter? Oh dear the kiss they had shared were going to her head again.

As Edward reached the point where Cathy was standing, he merely gave her a glimpse and followed Jack. Cathy somehow felt sad than relief. He probably doesn't know who she was since she had a completely different appearance compared to the way he saw her. She had her hair tied up and she wore horribly big spectacles that hid her eyes. Maybe he taught she was a maid since her attire was not that impresing either. Not an appearance of a normal Lady. 

Cathy went outside to clear her mind. But why was she disappointed that Edward doesn't know who she was. Probably he was the same as the other men who only prized beauty. Cathy sighed and began to walk towards the bench beside the garden that was surrounded with roses, her favorite flower.

Edward began to wonder why did Catherine look like that. Did she expect that he will not recognize her? Even though she had a completely different appearance her ivory skin and beautiful features will always give away who she was to him. Edward chuckled at that thought. He was now expecting how would she react when she learns that he knows who she really is. Later he will pay her a visit before he leaves.

When Edward and Jack reached Lord Frederick's study, Jack announced the presence of Edward.

"My lord, the son of Duke Richard is here to see you." Jack announced.

"Oh. Let him in Jack." Frederick said at the other side of the door.

Jack began to turn the door knob to the study and hand gestured for Edward to come in. When Edward stepped inside the study ,Jack closed the door behind him. Edward saw that Lord Frederick was standing near the window and looked at his direction with a smile.

"Well, Edward lad. What brings you here?" Frederick said as he offered Edward a sit.

"My father, sent me to give you a letter. Here." Edward said as he took out an envelope from the pocket of his suit. 

"Thank you lad." Edward said as he took the envelope from Edward. "Oh yes, I would like to invite you and your father to a party here that is two days away from now. You can bring your sisters too."

"Thank you and I will inform my father about it. He will be delighted. May I ask why you are hosting such a party?" Edward asked.

 "It will be my daughter's first season come out and to hope she would find her match." Frederick said as he placed the letter at his desk.

 "I see, then will you permit it if I would ask your permission to court her?"  Edward said.

Frederick now wore a shocked expression that slowly turned into a smile and said "Oh, I see. It seems like you had taken a liking to my daughter. Yes I will permit but she will be hard to please. She has a way of judging men and  she hides herself in~" 

"Big circular spectacles." Edward continued what Frederick was about to say. Edward giggled as he saw the stunned expression on Fredericks face and went on saying. "I saw her earlier before I went in here. She looked completely different."

"Yes, she does and I think she got that trait from her mother. She is the spliting image of her. " 

"I see. Well I better head off and pay her a visit before I leave." Edward said.

" She is surely at the garden now. She likes to tend her roses like her mother did at this point of time."  Frederick said as he smiled at the thought of his deseased wife.

 "I better not disturb you any longer Lord Frederick." 

"Oh yes. Thank you for delivering me this and I hope to see you at the party. And call me uncle Fred from now on, alright?"

"Alright. Good day, Uncle Fred." Edward said before he left the room.

Edward now plans to pay a visit to Cathy. As he went outside and walked towards the garden he saw Cathy smiling as she sang a song while tending her roses. She had a beautiful voice. He wanted to take those spectacles from her face and unravel her bunned hair. He wanted to see her beauty and to kiss those lips again. She flared him with desire. 

He began to walk towards her and she heared him come her way.