Chapter 3; Evening's Conversation

Chapter Three                   

 At the Renford Castle when the moon was bright,Lord Frederick scolded both his children for what has happened early in the arena.So Both Christopher and Catherine had to brace themselves so they could endure the dragon's wrath.

"What were you both thinking!Christopher how could you not stop Catherine from entering the tournament"Lord Frederick sharply glared at Christopher and continued to say and now glaring at Cathy "And you Catherine why on earth has come in to your mind for you to wear your brother's armor.?! What you did was absolutely dangerous!"

Cathy began to take a deep breath and told her father."Father,I know that was dangerous and stupid of me to let my curiosity run the best of me but worry I have learn my lesson and not to do it again."She began to remember the encounter she had with the unknown man who saw her face earlier.

"Don't worry,father I'll make sure she does and this time I'll stop even if get hanged for it."Christopher said while grinning.

"I'll forgive you both for now but remember the next you both do this again you two are going to be horse whipped."Lord Frederick said slowly calming himself and contiunued to say."And now prepare for tomorrow's royal ball.We were invited to come by the king to celebrate his second daughter's 16th birthday and Cathy you use the money you won and buy a dress that is so worthwhile.This is your is your chance to meet the man you are going to marry."He looked at Cathy while smiling.

 "No word of advice for me father?"Christopher said teasingly.

 "You, ah...nevermind,your just gonna flirt with any girl you can find interesting."Lord Frederick said to his son and began to walk away .

 "Now I should prepare myself for bed."Cathy said to his brother and began to leave but he took hold of her arm to stop her.

"Wait a minute,your going to give me Quarter of what you won right?"Christopher said with hint of exitement in his tone.

"And what are going to do with the money?"Cathy question  with her brow raised up under her big spectacles .

"Well to buy a new stallion that I have been eyeing for quite some time now,come on Cathy?"Christopher plead.

"Alright and don't use it all a horse could cost 100 gold pieces.Buy the rest for the clothes you are going to wear tomorrow."

 "Thanks Cathy, your the best! Well then good night."Christopher kissed Cathy on the cheek and went to his quarters to sleep.Cathy left for her quarters as well.

Inside her room, Anna,Cathy's personal maid and best friend,attented to her needs.Anna brushed Cathy's hair while Cathy sat infront of the mirror and Cathy began to talk about the things that had happen in the arena especially her encounter with her opponent.

"Well it seems to me,what you did was too daring,m'lady.But at least he didn't chase you all the way here."Anna said while started to giggle.

"That was very embarissing and the worst part is he saw my face!What will I do if I see him again?it was a mistake to what I did.He was a man who never accepts defeat and now I defeated him unfairly."Cathy remarked and blush remembering what she had done.

"M'lady do not worry yourself with those anymore.All you need to think about are what stores do we go to  tomorrow to buy your dress and the jewelries your going to wear."Anna said as she placed the brush down and opened the trunk where Cathy's midnight clothes are found.She chose the blue silk camisole that had a emboidery of a blue rose and handed it to cathy to wear.After helping Cathy wear her camisole,Anna began to leave.

"Well now it is time for you to sleep m'lady.Good night."Anna said  as she began to depart.

 "Thank you ,Anna and good night."Cathy replied as Anna began to leave and close the door.Cathy locked and began to lay down in her bed.

 Anna is right Cathy,you need to forget and just think of how to be presentable in the royal ball.You are going to find yourself a husband,who could make you happy.Now don't even think about him anymore.

 But he was a very hansome man.With his chocolate brown hair,blue eyes and those strong arms~

 Ahhh!!! I need to sleep.Cathy talked to herself and began to drift away until she finally closed her eyes and began to sleep.