Episode 12: Battle of the Gems

What....... What's that smell?

What's going on?

Where am I?

Wake up.... You need to wa-

Yukinae jolted up, thoughts swarming around inside her head. The area around her, was completely devastated.

Every building in approximately a 500 meter radius was completely destroyed. Blood was seen in the rubble of some, bodies hanging out of others. Fire was slowly taking over the said area of the city, leaving the survivors no other choice but to flee and the sad part was, not a single soul was unharmed. Every one of the few people that were left alive had injuries, some barely minor, others slightly more fatal.

Yukinae sat there, in the middle of the road, in complete disbelief. She continued to scan her environment and noticed something quite peculiar, so she approached it.

There were two people, people she did not recognize. Those people being Lyn and Stell. They were sitting around Corneillia's body, sobbing.

Yukinae ran up to her and turned to Lyn and Stell, "What's wrong? What happened to her?"

Before they could answer, Yukinae placed her hand on Corneillia's chest, feeling her every heartbeat and the rhythmic flow of the air entering and exiting her body. She was alive.

As if something desperate came up, she started looking around the place once more, "Where is he?" Yukinae asked.

"Who?" Stell answered.

"Sebastian goddammit! Where is he?" Once again ignoring their answers, Yukinae ran through the flames, searching for him and then she came to a sudden stop.

Her eyes watered, "Thank god you're okay," she said, for she saw his figure a few meters ahead of her.

"Sebastian... Could you... explain what happened here?" Yukinae asked kindly.

The figure turned around, making the white at the end of his hair visible, "Sebastian you say?" he grunted, "Who the hell is that?" a slight smirk came across his face as he disappeared into the night.

Yukinae was left on the ground to sob, nothing less, nothing more.

She tried her best to recollect her memories, but the last thing she was able to remember was Celest's voice in her head yelling, "SWITCH!"

2 Hours Earlier

"Oh, I'm sorry... did I interrupt your little private time?" Ryuga asked.

Yukinae tensed up, "I don't know who the hell you are, or what the hell you think you're doing here, but I'm gonna need you to get out."

Ryuga chuckled, "Oh aren't you a feisty little girl. Don't worry, I'm just here to take that little troublemaker off your hands," a grin came onto his face, "But if you don't correspond, I'm going to have to use force."

His amulet shone slightly brighter than it already did, as the spirit inside tried to contact him, "Ryuga!" It yelled.

"Hm?" he replied, annoyed.

"Be careful, she's dangerous," it replied.

Ryuga looked at her and cocked his head, "I highly doubt that, even someone like Lyn could take her down without breaking a sweat."

"Just don't underestimate her, or it'll be the end, for both of us!"

"Okay gramps, you ain't gotta tell me anything else."