Released(20 pt2)

Camila

Knocking I wait before twisting the nob

Knocking I wait before twisting the nob. "Stanley...you ok baby?"

She looks up from a book taking off her headphones. "Yeah I just ignore her now."

Sitting I sigh. The fact that my two oldest are having some kind of disagreement hurts me. Am I not doing something right as a parent?

"What's going on with you two?"

She sighed setting her things aside. "I'm trying to look out for her but for some reason she thinks I'm taking over her life or something. Her words cut deep and it's getting really hard to keep my sanity and be the bigger person." Her eyes tear up.

"What started all of this?"

"Just a uh...disagreement on a topic."

"Something to do with school or a boy maybe?"

"Something like that but I can't say I don't want to betray her like she already thinks I do. Just because she's being mean and what not doesn't mean I have to send that same vibe back but I know this will come to a end soon."

I always thought I was the parent my kids would come to and just talk. Uh these teenage years are killing me already and they just entered it. Figuring being in the house right now isn't gonna have her opening up. Since I need to make a quick run I asked Stanley to come with me. As I drove I noticed her tense body language.

Mona is a very spoiled girl...had been since she was born. Chris and I tried our best to raise her to be basically what she isn't right now. The last thing I wanted is her to be this cold hearted person but a parent can only do so much. At a certain age the child starts to make decisions on their own and eventually learn important life lessons.

"Do you think we took you in as charity?"

Stanley shyly shrugged. "I know you and my mom were at a time friends and when I was taken in by you guys it was because she went to jail."

"We don't get anything for having you. There's no government check or special privileges or anything like that. You became someone dear to both chris and I heart. I just couldn't stand back while you lost your mom and do nothing about it. Both Chris and I love you so much Stanley please believe that."

"I try I swear I do but. When we're all together you know everyone sometime I just can't help knowing that this isn't my family. No one is related to me and then I get people reminding me daily. I hate feeling that I do not belong here."

So much I did not know. Who is bullying my child.

"We may not be blood related but I treat you the same way I do to those I pushed out. I have the same love for you I care about you and hate that you've been feeling this way. Why didn't you come to anyone sooner?"

"I caused enough trouble behind the papers....I didn't want to seem ungrateful for what you and dad I mean Chris did for me."

"You still call us mom and dad regardless what Mona says. I just wish I knew what was behind all this. What are you holding for her is it the boy she's interested in? What does she have against you that's making you shy back and allow her to disrespect you like this? I can tell you now not that I want this to happen with you two but me and Rebecca almost dropped our entire friendship we even fought. At the end of the day if you really love her you should do what's right no matter how she's feels about the truth."