Chapter 1 | How it started

Prologue~

Reiji"s p.o.v

   We didn't want to move, none of us did. Especially me. And oh did I cause havoc trying to convince my dad not to. Silly tantrums and mischievous blackmail,all in vain. This house is  my home…was my home to be precise. A treasure of memories are in this house,my earliest were set  there. We moved because my father, Sebastian Michaelis, wanted a safer more secure neighborhood to bring up his three children,yes three, or at least that's what he said. It's also for him to get a better job in Naunton , Gloucestershire,a small village in England. I still remember my father,Sebastian Michaelis, standing in front of the old front door,the white paint now faded and peeling off untidily.

~'Give your last audieu, Vincent.’ I remember him telling me,a leather suitcase in his hand. 'But I don't want to leave.’ I remember replying, setting my gaze on the brittle wooden rocking chair on the verandah which I used to rock on in the Spring, whilst watching tiny rabbits frolic around under the living sky. Memories,they were everywhere.
'Please don't start, love.We discussed this already. Now be a dear and hold your brother Thompson's hand, the carriage will be here any minute.’ I remember him replying,his long jet black hair in his porcelain face. How younger he seemed then,like a man in his twenties. I remember this all so vaguely, even though it has been many years. ~

  Reiji Michaelis,what an odd name to be heard in 1800’s Victorian England. I remember the students looking at me wierdly when my name was called out on my first day of school after moving. I was very conscious of my name after that. My siblings have been born luckier to be given  less extravagant names. I have two younger brothers, Vincent and Thompson. Reiji is a traditional Japanese name,for our father claims that we have some Japanese blood running through our veins.But at the moment we aren't living in Japan,so I still find it absurd to be named so.

And now we're here in Naunton, Gloucestershire. My father is a French and advanced English teacher of the village school and we are luckily quite well off.

But things don't feel the same.

For I have the sense of smelling death~

End of Prologue,Chapter 1. Hope you all like it! - Bambi