Chapter 7 | skating part 2

'OI!BOY!WHERE THE DEVIL HAVE YOU BEEN?!’

He heard suddenly from a voice close by. Thompson stopped abruptly with shock with an irritating screech, causing him to trip and graze his hands on the ice. Thompson looked around to find a man in black on the edge of the lake, looking so infuriated if he could melt the ice, he'd let Thompson drown.

'YOUNG MAN AS SOON AS WE GET BACK HOME YOU’RE IN DEAD TROUBLE!’

Thompson looked at the towering figure with caution. The man’s eyes looked so sharp it could kill,his porcelain skin now blue,the tips of his nose and ears covered in frost. His lips the colour of bruises, for he was only wearing a waist coat. Thompson scrambled back to his feet and walked towards land,his father waiting for him with a choleric face.

'What’s the matter?’ Thompson asked curiously, for he had no idea what the whole fuss was about .

'What's the matter? WHAT'S THE MATTER? IT'S BLOODY HALF ELEVEN! I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOUR PRESENCE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO BE ISOLATED AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT?!’

Thompson set too taking off his skates and putting on his shoes, whilst his father waited patiently for him to finish. As soon as he stood up,he felt his father's hand latch on to his arm, pulling him towards the  street. Thompson let out a dry cough from the icy cold.

'See what you did?You got yourself ill young man. Honestly!What have you done to yourself, have you got an empty mind? Because of your boisterous actions,I had to cancel the appointment with Sir Chamberlain on his son’s tutoring. Masao Reiji Michaelis have you no shame? He must now think of me with bad thought,and of course,I couldn't explain. I thought my son was abducted or hurt himself, especially in these darkened hours. Truly,what a problematic child you are! As soon as we get home I'm preparing you some water with honey to soothe your throat of course, because you have got yourself into quite a pot of hot water,not only physically but with me as well!’

His father lectured,as they walked in the dimly lit streets under an overcast sky towards their cottage in the empty village of Naunton.

Hope you enjoyed! Hmmm...idealised that this book is slowing down on views...give me your opinions and what you think I should add if you are finding it boring!
Love ~ Bambi