Chapter 2 | Morning Talk

"Hmmm.....mass murder in London. Father,what do you think about that?' Reiji asked his father. It was currently 8am and the family were sitting around the table eating a breakfast of toast and tea.

'I don't really know Reiji. Let me see.' Sebastian answered,putting his tea cup down. Thompson passed him the newspaper and sipped some of his tea. It was unusually strong, not what he's used to,for his father is known to make the perfect potted teas. His younger brother Thompson seemed to have realised this as well for his tea cup looked almost untouched. The 11 year old boy was roughly eating the bread,his long dark Oak hair seemed to be eating the crumbs dangling in his plate. And wierdly enough, Sebastian Michaelis didn't seem to mind. The only person who seemed to be enjoying drinking the tea was Vincent,who was currently downing the cup of tea like a jug,then banging the empty cup on the table giving a satisfying smile. Seven years old,this boy had light blue eyes with jet black hair. Making a beautiful contrast,since his hair and a natural blue tint. Vincent was a very handsome young man, that's what the villagers used to say. They've been living in a small cottage on the outskirts of Naunton for about 5 years,so they have been hearing the gossip of the isolated village for quite some time now.

'The tea tastes awful today. Did you make it?' Reiji asked his father as he was examining the pages of the newspaper. Sebastian looked up and smiled,then pointing his palm towards the seven year old.

'Our Vincent helped with the breakfast today. He woke up early so as a treat,I taught him how to make breakfast tea!' Sebastian told the boys. Vincent grinned widely at this, then proceeded to finish his overly buttered toast.

Sebastian placed the newspaper on the table.

'Reiji,this isn't quite the shock, isn't it?Humans are very confusing creatures, aren't they not?And anyways...time is ticking. We should get going. Let's just be thankful that we aren't living in London...' Sebastian told the boys. Reiji left the table and grabbed his bag,left the door and went on his way to school. He still remembers when he first met Joel.

That's when Reiji felt that he wasn't alone in thinking that something... unnaturally clairvoyant was going on in the village... Joel called it 'some haunted shit when you arrived I honestly don't know'. Joel was the only one to give it a name. Whilst Reiji just called the feeling 'close to the corpses'

Even though it has nothing to do with that.

Sorry if it's shitty~Bambi