Chapter 5 | Sebastian's son's dream part 1

It was 15 years ago, a harsh,cold evening in London. It was in the end of Autumn,were all its colours already fallen. In the middle of the city was an old child's orphanage,where you'd enter and never come out for years. Either to work as a maid or as a soldier for the country.

‘Nurse! Look! We found one!’ one of the orphan helpers exclaimed. With her was a nurse of the orphanage,and they were rummaging through the alleyways of London in search for abandoned babies or children.

'Where Mildred?'The nurse replied from the far end of the alley.

'Here Ma'am! It's still a newborn.’

The nurse walked towards her inferior and looked at the child in her arms. It was wrapped only in a thin cloth.

‘It was in that dirty corner , ma’am.’

'So it was left to die… it would have this evening if it stayed for longer with this icy cold,or would probably have been found by the wild,hungry dogs.’

'We are such good people, aren't we Ma’am? We saved it's life!’

The nurse moved closer to the baby and attempted to wake it up. She tapped on it's head but all he did was bat an eye.

“Mildred?Did you see it’s eye?’ the nurse exclaimed frantically.

'Not yet Ma'am,why?’

“They're so clarvoiyant… a dark shade of crimson,like painted with blood. They look devilishly red,that could be a reason why it was abandoned here. The mother did right to leave it.’

Mildred looked at her boss with a face of disgust. Did she really say that it should have died? She then looked at the baby now nuzzled in her chest, snoring like a mouse.

'It's beautiful none the less with that deformity. And look at it's skin,so pale! It's face is like porcelain.  .  . ‘

'It doesn't deserve the beauty it inherited. Probably from it's father,the women of this alley are all either drugged or stupid. The ones who abandoned all their hope in a good life. If it was me I'd let it rot … but since it's our jobs to bring it back we have no choice unfortunately.’

They walked it back to the orphanage,the bundle in their arms, and brought it to the hospital’s infirmary. The doctor examined the baby,and they found out that it was a boy of only a few hours,but was already destined to die. He had them book a baptism for it as soon as possible,since no one knew what would happen. It was then given the name Claude Lloyd.

The nurse taking care of the babies infirmary was an old, depressed woman by the name of Nurse Maria. The second she layed her eyes on Claude she already felt that something was off.

'Claude,you never cry and never get hungry. Sometimes we wonder if you're already dead... but you're too different to die.’ she told the baby as she picked it up.

Without warning,she pushed the bottle in his mouth,but he did not suck. He suddenly burst into tears with shock for obvious reasons. She just jammed the bottle in his mouth. The bottle tasted old and unclean and the milk tasted extremely foul,so with one sip,the infant didn't take more.

'You're quite odd.  . . And quite beautiful. . . That could be the reason you are hated so much. Especially with those eyes of yours.  . . It's unnatural…’

This went on for ages,until it was time for him to be  fostered and weaned till the age of five.

No one offered to take him in since they saw him odd,so he stayed alone in the dorm till the age of 5 months. Till one day…

One of the nurses heard a knock on the door… and was quite shocked at this. It was very absurd for someone to come to the orphanage without an appointment. But it could also be a new worker.

The door creaked open, and her gaze went on the dark,towering figure on the doorstep…

Sorry if it was getting boring,but the interesting parts are soon to come, because the past chapters were still a part of the introduction.
But anyways,hope you enjoyed this one~ Bambi