Chapter 3 | When Reiji met Joel

Flashback 5 years ago

Reiji's p.o.v.

   It was my second day at school. My hair was really long at the time. I was quite the quiet kid, never really wanting to communicate with anyone or anything,at that matter. I'd prefer staying alone in solitude than having to go through awkward conversations with people who don't even think about me. It was my father's class,and believe me he was very strict as a teacher. Everyone gave him the greatest respect, including the teachers. Even though he was firm,he was liked by many, including students and teachers together,and that was because of his looks. I remember overhearing the history teacher asking her colleagues if his spouse is deceased...and the students? You hear them giggling and attempting to flirt the second he walks in class. It's quite disgusting for me to watch actually. And what was worse was that I look exactly like him.

We all walked into class and sat in random seats. I decided to stay at the back,as usual.

'Good morning class. Today we are going to talk about the different influences to the English language. I hope at least a few of you have got the gist of today's lesson…’

I suddenly heard a boy’s voice from next to me

'Hello!'  It was a boy with icy white hair and dark eyes. He looked like a very welcoming person,but still. Why did he have to sit next to me out of all people in this class, why? I decided that the best thing to do is to ignore him, maybe he'd shut up. And anyways,I wouldn't want my dad to notice. I stared at the chalk board with a choleric face but he didn't budge. 'Hi!!! What's your name?' he asked me continuously. I continued staring at the board in silence,but then he started kicking my chair in order to get my attention. 'Hello.' I told him quietly but firmly.
'I'm Joel, Joel Roth. he replied loudly. 'Aren’t you that bloke with the unusual name? And it's funny that you have the same surname as the Professor's! It must be a common surname where you're from. I can tell that you're not from here,your accent can tell. It sounds more… classy.’

Father looked at us with a stern face. Shit..he noticed

‘Shut up.’ I whispered. 'You're going to get us in trouble.’

I don't know if he even listened to me but he continued talking

'So you're new here? I wouldn't mind showing you around after class, it would be fun!'

Oh god.
'Joel, Reiji. Quit the talking.' Our professor told us sternly.
'I could take you to my favorite restaurant, it's more of a pub, but their kidney pie is delicious, you've got to try it! Have you ever been to an English pub? I don't think so, since you look kind of Asian. Are you Asian? Your eyes look a bit different that's why I thought so.'

I really wanted to hit him from being racist...but you know I'm quite the student. :'D

'Both of you, I'm telling you one more time, if I find you talking again, it's a detention.' Now the professor put the lesson on hiatus Because of this. After a few seconds Joel did the stupidest thing .

'Reiji is your name?Oh yes it's quite...odd... isn't it?’

'ROTH AND MICHAELIS. GET OUT OF MY CLASS.NOW!’

The professor exclaimed, definitely hot under the collar.

***

I had to spend a whole detention with him and got to know him. To make it better,we had to walk it home together since all teachers left us alone at school and it was quite dangerous at night. Found out that he's a pretty nice guy and that we're actually quite similar.

And that's how I met my truest friend of today, Joel Roth ~

Hope you're enjoying the story so far- Bambi