Chapter 10

Imam and his other child stood around their make-shift grave, heads hung in prayer. The rest of us stood back allowing them to say their goodbyes in peace. " Why was the door chained up? Why the bloody hell would they lock themselves in like that?" Shazza asked shaking her head, still in disbelief of the newly uncovered truth.

Riddick came to my side moving his fingers just enough to brush mine. Glancing at him out the corner of my eye I listened to what he had to say " Other buildings weren't secure, they were forced to go in there" Riddick replied as nodded in agreement.

" ...so they ran here. Heaviest doors. Thought they'd be safe inside, but... Someone forget to lock the back door" Riddick added turning to look back at the corning room in which we were out the front of. He turned to Shazza showing the slightest bit of human emotion for the first time ever within the group " I saw what had happened, I wasn't going to kill him. I watched as he shot the man... before I could even see the creature... he was gone" he said as I watched him.

Though I didn't say anything as the time I realised what had happened, he gave Shazza the one thing he could do. Peace, peace in knowing what happened to her husband in the final moments in his life. The lady looked down pausing a few moments before looking at Riddick, though this time there was something different about the look in her eyes.

Shazza grabbed her O2 and handed it to Riddick " what is it broken?" he said holding the bottle in his hands " I can't offer you much but a thank you, thank you" she said before leaving. " Well I never thought I would see that" I said to Riddick before turning my back and went looking for where Jack and Ali were, thinking that they were probably getting some shut eye.

~*~*~

Riddick's POV

After Sarah left to go and look for her children I stuck around wondering what on earth was going on. Fry and Johns made their way into the main room that held the light up planets. Fry was lost in thought as Johns ignored me, " Let's board this up and get the hell gone. They seem to stick to the dark, so if we stick to daylight, should be all-" Johns spoke up as Fry interrupted him "60 years ago" she said looking at all the different samples that were set out across the room.

Johns frowned at the sudden interruption. Fry began talking not wasting any time in continuing her discovery " Core-samples are dated. Last one is 60 years ago. This month" she said holding up the last dated one. Shazza soon entered the room looking straight at Fry " so what does that mean" Fry couldn't answer her straight away until I realised something had hit her, I moved my head to the side waiting to hear what she had to say.

Moving over to the planets Fry began to mumble to herself " The orrery. The years..." she said turning the main gear. She continued to move the dial until the giant ringed world eclipses the suns and plunges their planet into darkness. Persistent darkness. "oh fucking hell" Johns said coming to the same realisation.

"Hope you aren't afraid of the dark" I said smirking as a look of horror came across their faces. Johns and Fry quickly moved out of the room probably trying to find a way out of here.

~*~*~

Sarah's POV

Walking into the dark building I almost 'awed' at the sight in front of me. Jack was fast asleep on one of the couches, make shift goggles over his eyes. Ali was also fast asleep but was playing on Jacks chest both seeming to be very content with each other. We had just run out of food only leaving us with water. I don't know why we hadn't left yet, packed up our belongings to leave and never looked back.

Leaving the kids alone I began to pack their belongings having a gut feeling that we would be leaving soon. After doing that I made my way outside to see Johns and Fry run off in a certain direction as Riddick later emerged holding a silver bowl in his hand. Looking in my direction he nodded his head to the side before heading out behind the building. Following him I was surprised to see him sitting down on a crate after bulling aside a separate one for me.