The Knockout Round

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sam." Willow says, shaking Sam's hand.

"And I'm so very glad to meet you Willow. I never thought I would have the pleasure." Steve watches Willow blush as they finish shaking hands. "I understand that something's happened then? Last I heard, she was under lock and key."

"Well, we still don't completely trust her." Tony jumps in, tapping Willow's wrists where the power dampeners lay. "But, she is a very important part of my plan which means..." As if called to him by some silent command, the handcuffs loose their charge and unclasp from Willow's wrists. Tony grabs them before they hit the floor and twirls them around his finger. "You need full control of your powers."

"I thought you didn't trust me." Willow says nervously.

"I trust you." Steve argues. Tony rolls his eyes.

"Yes, yes we're all aware of your devotion to her." Sam snickers while Natasha rolls her eyes. "We trust you because we have no choice in the matter, no offense." Willow only shrugs in response.

"So what's your brilliant plan?" Natasha asks. "And why does it involve Willow turning against us."

"Hold up, hold up.." Sam says, narrowing his eyes at Natasha. "Are you saying our only super powered ally is not going to be on our side?"

"For a good reason." Tony argues.

"Like that makes me feel nay better." Sam says, rolling his eyes.

"Just, tell us the plan and make sure nobody's listening in first."

"Two steps ahead of you." Tony said, waving a small device around. "Blah, blah blah science stuff nobody would understands. This will turn red if I'm hacked and we'll have to shut up." Everyone nods in understanding as Tony goes over his plan. By the end of it, none of them are really convinced it will work.

"Are you sure?" Willow asks skeptically.

"I'm not a 100% positive it will work. There's a slight margin of error."

"How slight?" Steve demands.

"12%." Tony replies mildly

"So there's an 88% chance that this will work and a 12% chance that it won't?" Sam asks.

"Can you do any better?" Tony asks. Sam and Steve share a look.

"I say let's do it. What do we have to loose?"

"Half of the world." Natasha says in a cold voice. Willow's ears turn pink.

"We can do this. You guys have taken down countless bad guys together. Dr. Zola is no different from them." A small beep was heard and Tony subtly turned the device around in his hands. It was now shining red. "Everything will be fine." Willow continues carefully. "I'm on your side."

"How are we going to find Dr. Zola." Natasha asks.

"I guess we'll have to play it by ear. Be prepared for anything kids." Tony says, slipping the device into his pocket before heading towards the elevators. "I'm going to go work on my suit, you guys prepare yourselves." Steve watches Willow look over her plain cotton clothes.

"I don't suppose you guys managed to sneak out my suit did you?" Natasha sighs.

"No but we're probably the same size. Come on, I have a spare jump suit you can wear." The two of them head off together down the hallway, leaving Sam and Steve alone in the living room. Sam sighs a little, dropping down onto one of the multiple couches.

"So we're back at it again." Steve shrugs. "Willow seems like a nice girl. I'm surprised you're allowing her to be in harms way like this." Steve smiles lightly.