Bonus: The Return of James Barnes Pt 1

Willow stood on top of a building not far from Steve's location. He glanced out the window and smiled at her as she stared down at the street below. Natasha and Wanda were conversing lightly, talking about what they were seeing. The slight banter that came with it made Steve smile as he locked eyes with Willow. Even from far away, he could tell when she was looking at him. She gave him a slight wave and Steve zoned back into the conversation. "Alright, focus everyone." He said, watching a garbage truck uncharacteristically cut off several drivers. "Sam, see that truck."

"Yeah." He replies. Steve can hear the slight suspicion in his voice as well.

"Tag it." Steve watches Willow move from building to building unseen. Her interest peaked by the wayward truck.

"It's not heading for the police station." Willow said lowly and then the team was on the move. They watched as the truck smashed into the gate and flipped over and as they arrived on scene, they were immediately attacked by heavily armed security.

"There's twenty eight of them, five of us. Let's see who gets the most." Willow had said over the com, making Steve smile. Unfortunately, the bad guys still got the serum and the Avengers were on the move again, chasing the bad guys through the streets. Sam and Willow went after one man, Natasha and Wanda the other while Steve faced off against Rumlow. Steve means to bring Rumlow to jail but he had other plans. He was going to blow himself up.

"Captain!" Willow had screamed as Steve watched him press the switch. The explosion would have killed Steve and everyone around him within a twenty foot radius. But instead, Wanda had wrapped Rumlow up in glowing red energy, trying to contain the blast. Willow was trying to help her but her pounding headache was making it difficult to concentrate. She had gotten hit over the head pretty hard in the first initial fight and still hadn't quite shaken the feeling.

Wanda couldn't contain the explosion. In a last ditch effort, she tried to get him as far away from the people as possible. "Scarlet wait!" Willow shouted, trying to help her but Wanda threw Rumlow upwards and the explosion wrecked the side of a building. There were screams of horror as the side of the building became engulfed in flames.

----

They wanted the Avengers to sign a contract. They wanted the Avengers to be in the palm of government officials. Steve could think of nothing worse than this. Tony was already on board.nWanda, Vision, and Rhodes seemed to be on his side as well but what surprised Steve, was the fact that Willow and Natasha seemed to be leaning towards the Accords as well.

"The best hands have always been our own." Steve argued, frowning at Tony.

"Steve.." Willow said lightly, taking his hand. "I know it's not ideal but.. Maybe we should sign." Steve leaned away from her, regretting it the instant he had done so because of the pained look on her face as she retracted her hand. "Not too long ago, I was a brainwashed HYDRA agent. I was a killer, a monster.."

"Willow..." Steve tried to interrupt but she shook her head.

"You wanted me to join the team, turn Aftershock into a hero. And I did it Steve but that doesn't expunge my record. We need to be held accountable for the things we do. We're too strong of a group to not be given restrictions or limitations and.."

"And you think being government lapdogs is somehow going to make up for that?" Steve demanded. Willow sighed. "We didn't form this team to.." His phone rang in his pocket and normally, Steve would have ignored it but the ringtone was a familiar one. It was for the nursing home that Agent Carter was at. Willow knew this too and her eyes widened slightly as Steve pulled the phone out and answered it.