Birthday P.1

I wake up to the smell of bacon. I smile and sit up, looking at the closed door. I get up, grab my phone, and head into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday, Alex!!" I smile. Ethan is standing at the counter with blue balloons, my favorite color. Two plates with pancakes and bacon and toast.

"Did you make this yourself?" I ask after I peck his lips. He smiles.

"I wish I could say so, but I bought this from the diner we went to with Mark Wednesday. I've heard their breakfast is amazing." I smile.

"Well, let's eat! I could smell the bacon from the room." We sit down and eat, making small talk and laughing the whole while.

After ten minutes we finish, and we've both cleared our plates. He looks from me to my plate and smiles.

"What?"

"About a month ago the most you would eat was a bag of chips and I just watched you wolf down two pancakes, four slices of bacon with syrup, toast with jam, and some fruit." I smile.

"I've learned from the best."

"What does that mean?!" I laugh.

"The best of things, my friend." I take his and I's plate and throw them in the sink. I'll clean it later, it's my birthday. I turn to Ethan. "Thanks for the breakfast. Biggest birthday treat since I was... well before my brother went to the center... Anyways, thank you." I say, giving him a big hug. He accepts, kissing the top of my messy hair.

"That's not all I have planned for today." I look up to him, arching an eyebrow. He grins.

"Really? All my birthdays were spent at home, even before James went to the correction facility."

I realized I never gave the bro a name xD oops if I did plz let me know and I'll change it thanks ~~

"Well, your childhood sucked," He jokes, letting go of me and grabbing something off the counter. He turns around holding a blue bag with purple and black tissue paper. A present!!

"You didn't have to get me anything!" I say, beaming up at him. He gives me a crooked smile.

"Well, you are my girlfriend!" He says, holding out the bag. I take it and stuff my hand inside. I find Harry Potter wand make up brushes and Injustice 2. Ethan and I played the first, and we've both wanted this one. I expect us to do it during a live stream.

 I expect us to do it during a live stream

le paintbrushes

"Thanks so much, Ethan! I've been wanting to play this game for forever!!" I say, smiling.

"Glad you like it. There's one more thing in the bag, though." I peer in curiously. Not seeing anything, I grope inside the bag until my hand closes around a long thin package. I pull it out and examine it. It's plain, all navy blue. I glance at Ethan and open the package.

"Oh, Ethan, it's beautiful!" I gasp. Inside is a golden chain, with two golden hearts. It's small but charming.

 It's small but charming

le adorbable necklace

"I wanted to get you something nicer, but I couldn't afford it, I hope it's enou-" I cut him off by tackling him in a bear hug. He seems startled at first, but he wraps his arms around me after a few seconds. I smile into his jumper.

"Ethan, it's beautiful," I repeat. After a few more seconds, I let go and pick up the necklace. I put it in his hand and turn around, lifting up my hair. "Can you put it on please?" I feel the necklace drop onto my collarbone, and he fumbles with the clasp. After a few seconds, his hands pull away and I drop my hair. I turn around and kiss him. I let it linger as I pull away and wrap my arms around his waist again. He brings me close, holding my head and shoulders.

"Happy birthday, Alex."

(A/N)

Oh, but the day's just begun! (in the book, not irl, it's 9 pm here lol)

Anyway, I have lots of stuff to do, so I gotta blast. Hope you enjoyed.

Song: Bohemian Rhapsody, Panic! At The Disco

Salem