2. GOODBYE

When he got home, Peter quickly dressed in regular clothes in the safety and comfort of his own room. He guessed that he got in rather noisily since he heard his aunt yell his name. "Peter?" She called. "You in?"

"Yeah, Aunt May!" Peter pulled on his shirt over his head and flattened it down on his belly.

"You're on the news again!"

It was so weird now that May knew about Peter being Spider-Man. Trust me, that was not a pleasant conversation that they had when he first accidentally revealed his identity to her. There was a lot of cursing and worrying and yelling, but Peter managed to calm her down and explain everything. Since then, May wanted to strangle Tony Stark with her own fingers.

"He should have told me!" she muttered to herself. "You should have told me! Somebody should have! Peter, what were you thinking?"

But Peter told her to ignore the danger that he might find himself in, and focus on all of the good he could do. He was a friendly neighborhood guy, just helping out his community. Once May saw it like that, she was more lenient to the whole affair. Still, she worried, but to a less extreme.

Peter walked out of his room to see Aunt May working in the kitchen on dinner. She pointed to the tv using her elbow since her hands were preoccupied.

He saw the shield webbing and the sports car, but most importantly, the man in shame who was glued to the sports car. Peter laughed out loud and walked over his aunt to give her a light kiss on her cheek. "How are you doing with that?" he asked.

"Struggling," she admitted.

Peter peered into the pot with a frown. "What are you making?"

"It's called soba salad with grilled tofu," May sounded pretty pleased with herself at the meal. "I'm not sure if it's any good, but Danielle recommend this for dinner tonight and what the hell."

Peter made one move and his aunt called out to him to get the Hawaiian bread and set the table since her girlfriend was going to be here soon. He did as he told and once he was done setting up the table for dinner, he grabbed a small load of Hawaiian bread and bit into the sweetness.

May saw him from the corner of her eye and she gasped. "Peter! Save some for dinner, geez!"

"Don't know if I can!" Peter hopped over the sofa and sank into the plush seat. He reclined back and flipped through the channels on tv, suddenly overwhelmingly bored.

He thought back to the earlier events of today and whether or not he should even mention his little girl problem. Peter did have to ask if he could attend the Halloween party this Saturday night... which was in two days. "Aunt May?"

"Hm?" She hummed in response.

Peter cleared his throat and pulled at the collar of his shirt. "So there's this Halloween party on Saturday, the 31st, Halloween, of course-"

May filled three bowls with soba noodles and began to mix in the salad. "You want to go? Whose party is it? Where?"

"Yeah, and it's Flash's."

"Peter." The sternness in her voice made Peter twist his body to peep his head over the top of the couch. She stood in the kitchen with her hands on her hips. "Flash is that rotten kid, right? Why would you even want to go to some rich snob's party? You know what you should do to teach him a lesson?" She lifted her fists and pretended that she was boxing someone in front of her. "Give him hell!"

Peter gave his aunt a wide smile. "You know I can't do that, Aunt May."

"Yeah. But it would be fun too, I'd bet."