18. NORMAL

Summary: 

Peter and Michelle go on a date. A plan is beginning to form.

Notes: 

Before you say anything, you're welcome ;)

.

.

.

.

.

"I... hate this plan." Peter fidgeted beside Michelle, scratching his own cheek as they stared at their bait.

Michelle folded her arms over her chest, a satisfied smirk on her lips. "You are just too afraid to admit that this is an awesome plan."

"I agree with Peter," Liz said, "this plan sucks."

Ned added, "Ass."

"Maybe you suck ass, you ever think about that?" Michelle's cheeks burned, her hands clenched. She wanted to believe in the plan because she had to. If no one else did, she would be the one. She had to save Liz.

Peter gently tapped Michelle's arm to get her attention. "Hey, hey, be nice like you were at lunch."

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Do you have something to say to Ned?"

"Sorry."

"Apology accepted." Ned pursed his lips. "And when was this lunch that I wasn't invited to-?"

"Guys!" Liz clapped her hands in front of their faces, redirecting their attention back to her. "The plan?"

Michelle's stomach sank. The plan sucked. She and Peter had been hashing out and fleshing the plan the following few days to be a grand scheme of their intelligence and abilities, but honestly, it was a shot in the dark.

She placed her hands on her hips, gently brushing aside her jacket while she hung her head low to listen to Peter. "So," he cleared his throat, "he travels through the shadows, right? We have to make sure that he can't do that anymore."

That was why they decided to find a large open space outside of the city to put him at a disadvantage. He was able to manipulate large enough shadows to his will, but if there weren't any... well, it was a hope.

"We get him to the school's field." Michelle glanced over at Ned. "You and I will be in the press box. I can get us in, but you'd need to work the lights."

"How are you going to get us in?" he asked.

"Detention." She grinned at that. It was always a joy to be in detention even though she never belonged in that space. Michelle was a model student- that was what her counselor had said. Her academics were pristine and all but her social life was severely hindered. He told her to go out more and meet new people in different places. Michelle wasn't a big fan of that, but she tried in her own way.

Michelle was a wanderer. She can notice things that most people don't. Like how there was a secretly hidden locker on the third floor of the school where someone had stuffed pillows inside. Every once in awhile Michelle would use those pillows (after she washed them of course) whenever she read.

Anyways, Michelle wandered around school for the next few days after her meeting with her counselor. Her father was late to pick her up after school because he had to drive all the way from the other side of town so she was stuck there for about thirty minutes when she noticed one of the classrooms. There were a few students there sitting in desks, mindlessly staring ahead with happiness drained from their faces while an equally bored coach played on his phone.