Bedsides and Payback

Blaze hasn't moved from Sonic's bedside for hours. Ever since Sonic fell into unconsciousness thanks to Eggman Nega's bomb, which forced the Olympic judges to postpone the Ice Hockey game, she has been by his side hoping and praying that he would wake up. Amy walked in and could finally tell that Blaze didn't enter a relationship with the intention to spite her, but to love Sonic like no one else could. This, coupled with the time Silver spent with her, has caused her to question her affection for the currently out-cold hedgehog.

"How's Sonic holding up, Blaze?" Amy asked. Blaze looked up to her with tears in her eyes.

"Still…still…unconscious…Amy. I don't…I don't…I don't know what to do," she said while crying. Amy definitely saw the genuine tears flowing down her cheeks. That, coupled with the fact that Blaze reacted to Sonic's situation faster than she did, caused her to make a decision that she never in her life would've thought she would make.

"Blaze," the said cat looked at her. "I'm calling off this rivalry for good. I should've known that Sonic wasn't the right one for me, even if I had known him longer. It's obvious that you two were meant for each other."

"Thanks, Amy… But that still…doesn't change…what Nega has done," she said between sobs.

"You're right. It hasn't," said a familiar voice. They looked back at Sonic and saw that he has finally woken up. "I should've figured that Nega would have a bomb placed at Center Ice." At that, Blaze embraced him in a hug and kissed him. This time, Amy wasn't jealous at all. In fact, she was happy for both of them, as well as the fact that Sonic was alright. He then proceeded to get out of bed. He took a few steps and saw that his equilibrium was normal.

"Where are you going?" Blaze asked him.

"I'm going to find Knuckles, and then he and I are going to give Eggman Nega a piece of our minds."

"I'm all for that!" With that, they left Amy behind.

"I guess I had better find Silver."

It didn't take long for Sonic & Blaze to find Knuckles. The red echidna was letting all of his anger towards Eggman Nega out on a punching bag in the gym. "Yo, Knuckles!" Knuckles turned around when he heard
Sonic, only to get hit by the bag he was punching.

"Damn it, Sonic! What are you doing out of bed already?" he asked.

"I figured that we ought to pay Nega back for that big bang during the Hockey match. Wario and Waluigi can come if they want. I don't really care." At this, Knuckles got an idea.

"That sounds like a plan. Why not add Jet to the mix as well?"

"You only made the plan better!" All three of them set out to find the two troublemakers that caused them (and Silver) a lot of trouble. Sonic managed to find Jet with little difficulty and tie him up with a rope. He then took him to a frozen lake where he met Knuckles at. Blaze came by soon after with Eggman Nega and Dr. Eggman in tow. "Why did you bring Eggman, Blaze?" Sonic asked.

"I figured that since he was the one who told us about them, then he should get a kick out of this," she answered. Once Sonic and Blaze got Jet and Nega in the center of the ice, Knuckles punched the ice, which resulted into the ice getting cracked. The two troublemakers fell in water, earning a laugh from Sonic, Knuckles, Blaze, and Eggman.

"Not so funny when it happens to someone else, now is it, Nega?" Sonic asked.

"Why did I get dunked?!" Jet asked back.

"Because you sabotaged Silver's bike," answered Blaze.

"Hohoho! Now THAT'S a laugh! I've already gotten 1,000 views on YouTube!" exclaimed Eggman.