Drawn To You

Vulnerable - Tinashe (Dave Luxe Remix)
"Don't stop looking at me."

• • •

• • •

When I walked out of school the next day Klaus was waiting for me, as I had expected. What I hadn't expected was for him to be leaning against an old convertible. I didn't know much about cars but I knew this was a vintage sports car of some kind. It was fiery red, definitely old but polished to perfection nonetheless, and most importantly it was completely out of place. I couldn't help but wonder whether he was trying to impress me, even though I had no idea why he would. I walked up to him and he gave me a mischevious smile.

"Nice ride," I said.

"It isn't exactly from the 20s, but it's definitely older than you. I figured it was only fitting."

I told myself it wasn't a big deal because he could steal cars like a kid could steal away one little piece of candy, but it still felt like a lot of effort. He opened the door for me and I got in, but a nod was all the thanks he was getting from me.

When we drove off, which drew even more attention to us, I deliberately looked out the window as landscapes flashed by us. I didn't know where he was taking me but I could honestly say that I didn't really care. I trusted him, in the sense that I trusted that he was protecting me, for now. It was a life or death matter for him as well. And besides, apart from me and the vampire who attacked me, he really hadn't hurt a fly. As far as I knew.

I had grown comfortable in the silence and completely lost track of time when the car suddenly stopped.

"We're here." His warm voice seemed to speak even the simplest words with care.

I got out of the car and shut the door behind me. We were parked on quite a big street. It was lined by stores but I couldn't tell what kind of stores, it all looked rather dull and empty, not like a place I would go shopping with my friends. And I certainly never had, as a matter of fact I had no idea where we were.

"Where exactly is here?"

We walked towards one of the stores as he talked. "A friend of mine has a shop with real vintage clothes. She is a vampire and she has been around long enough to collect them herself."

"You have friends?" I asked, emphasizing my over exaggerated surprise by opening my mouth.

A soft laugh fell from his lips. "Not many."

The first thing I thought when we entered the store was what a shame it was that it wasn't located in a nicer place. Contrary to the dark and gloomy looking outside, white and light pink florals lined the inside of the tall and roomy store. It almost magically made the taste of sweet candy appear on your tongue. It was too sweet for my liking, I was more of a black and red kind of girl, but it was vintage alright. The walls were overflowing with beautiful clothing, which made me feel like a little kid in a candy store.