Chapter 1: How It All Started

Serayah's P.O.V.

*Beep Beep Beep*

   Continuously my alarm going off, before I hit it out of annoyance and stand up to get ready. Today is the day, where me and my best friend Lisa are going shopping. I have no idea what we're going shopping for, when her and I both, already have a full closet of clothes, shoes, jewelry, and possibly anything else you could ever name or desire.

   Anyways, as soon as I finished making up my bed and brushing my teeth and washing my face, I walked into my closet and picked out what I'm wearing today. I've decided today is casual, so let's pick out something casual. After choosing my casual look, I walked over to the bathroom and entered for my shower.

*30 Minutes Later*

   I dried off and applied my moisturizing lotion onto my body, then added my clothing for today. It was nothing big (at all). It was just some dark-washed blue jeans with a white crop top and baby blue sneakers. I left my hair into 2 braids yesterday, so I just took those down and let my hair unravel crinkly. Afterwards, I just applied some lip gloss.

*10 Minutes Later*

   I picked up my over the shoulder black bag and added my necessities. However, before I could add my charger and earphones, my phone starts ringing. I pick it up off the dresser and read the caller ID, which said: Lisa😂😶😆.

   "What's up Li?"

   Li is the nickname I gave to her, when we were in middle school, because I grew tired of calling her by her real name.

   "Hey Ray."

   She did the same to me, because she also grew tired of saying my real name and then we made a deal to just give each other nick names.

   "Hey, Are you ready?"

   "Yeah."

   "Alright good. Come outside."

   "Okay. Bye."

   Wow, she's already here? I'm not surprised. You see ever since me and Lisa met, I've grown to know so much about her and noticed every time that she won't and wouldn't be late for no body, because that's just her; prompt and fearless. Almost like myself. Except that I'm more chill and laid-back, while she's more outspoken and active. I hear her honk her horn and let me tell you, unless you're a best friend of hers or family, do NOT absolutely NOT test her patience, trust me. As I'm running downstairs, I hear that honk again.

   "Alright. I'm coming!" I grab my black jacket and open the door. Once I open it, I see her flagging me over impatiently and so, I close and lock the door behind me. As soon as I entered into her car, she starts speed driving down the road, like she's lost her mind, but that's Lisa for you.

   "Lisa, calm down. We're only going shopping." I told her, as she began to slow down a little bit. She looks over at me with a smile, while stopping at a red light.

   "Ray, now you know I love you, right?" She said, while smiling sweetly at me, as I looked at her confused.

   "Yeah." I responded, while running my hand through my hair.

   "But you already know, that I'm not about to be late for nobody!" She continued, as she continued speeding down the highway. This is why I do not like riding along with this girl; she doesn't know when to stop flying through these streets and on the highways. Oh my God, the highways especially. One day she's most definitely going to get a ticket, yet she doesn't care.

   "You're going to have to learn how to live Ray! This is Cali!" She exclaimed, while putting on her glasses and hanging her hand outside of her window.

   "I am living! The right and safe way!" I exclaimed, while holding onto the handle on top of her car, while she's swerving. She just busts out laughing, while patting my head.

   "Watch out for the road!" I shouted, while keeping a tight grip on the handle. I look out the window and see a police car on the side of us. I hurriedly turn back to her and see her still speeding.

   "Dude! Are you crazy?! That's the policeman!" I tried to get her to slow down and she just laughs it off and continues.

   "Chill out Ray. Live!" She exclaimed, while throwing her hands in the air. I look at her like she's crazy and look behind us, only to see the policeman eating a doughnut, while drinking coffee. Huh? He's not even paying attention! What in the world? Because he wasn't paying attention, we were able to pass him right up.