Chapter 7: Good News

Serayah's P.O.V.

   So, it's been almost 3 months now and I'm so excited to say that the first episode is airing tomorrow! I haven't told Lisa yet, because she has a new job and have been terribly busy, but today I will, because if I don't, she's going to be VERY angry at me and I don't want that to happen, but she has to know otherwise I'm going to die.

   Right now, I'm at the Empire building in the rehearsal room taking a break. We've been working for 5 hours already, so he's letting us get a break for 1 hour. I'm sitting down on the floor, just drinking my bottle of water. All of a sudden, I see a shadow in front of me. I look up and see Yazz. At first I had to call him Bryshere, but then as the days went by and as the weeks went by, I've gotten used to him and it turns out that he's actually a sweetheart. He's super caring, sweet, devoted, responsible, organized, neat, and determined. He's like me; we're both very chill and laid-back, so we connect REALLY good and get along A LITTLE too good.

   "He works us, as if we're not humans or as if we don't get tired." He said, while sitting next to me, while grabbing the water from me and drinking it himself. I know we friends and all, but he can't just put his lips on my bottle; that's like us kissing. What?

   "I know right and you can't just put your lips on my bottle." I said, while taking it back from him. He gave me a dumbfounded look, as I started cleaning it.

   "Why not?" He asked, as if it was a stupid thing that didn't make sense. Is he serious? I've only been working with him for basically 3 months, let alone known him for these 3 months and that's NOT enough for us to share each other drinks or food.

   "I don't know where your lips been and you don't know where mines been." I said, while putting it in my bag. He gave me an offended look. I didn't mean to be like that, but I can't bring myself to trust anybody as far as this. I pull the bottle out of my bag and hand it to him, as he raised an eyebrow.

   "As a matter of fact, keep it." I stand up getting ready to go to the vending machine, until I feel an hand on my arm.

   "Where you going?" He asked, as I turned around and took his hand off my arm. He gave me yet, another raised eyebrow.

   "To the vending machine. Why?" I asked, while checking my phone's battery, which was on full. He didn't say anything else, while walking back to sit against the wall. I continue walking to the vending machine. Once I get there, I pull out my 50 cents and pay for the water bottle. I look at the snack machine and look for the cheddar sun chips. After paying for 2, I walk back over to where Yazz is and see him on his phone.

   "Ooh. I see you got something for me." He said, as he grabbed one of my bag of sun chips and hurriedly opened them up. Did I mention that sometimes he can be a teaser and a jerk? Because he can.

   "No. That wasn't for you." I mumbled, but I know he heard, because he started laughing. I open my other bag and start eating them.

   "Aww. Here you can have them back. Sike!" He playfully tried to give them back, but only tricked me. Ooh! See he makes me so, ugh sometimes!

   "These are good. Mmm." He continued teasing me, as I rolled my eyes. He suddenly began laughing, until he started choking. I pat him on his back, until he's in the clear.

   "See. That's what you get." I said, as I smirked and started drinking my water. I can feel him glaring at me, but I only turned to him with an smile.

   "Oh that's real funny. It's going be real funny, when you have to find another ride." I hurriedly stopped smiling and turned to him. You see, after my second day here, it was only 3 weeks after, when Lisa found a job. Her hours are from 10 am to 10 pm. She's a college student and she's trying to earn the money for her tuition, which is $10,000. Right now, she only has $7,956, so she needs all the hours she can get. Plus, to make matters more worse than they're actually are, she only has 2 weeks to raise the money. After she gets all the money, she's leaving also. So, I won't be able to see her for a whole freaking year! So, the only choices I have is to walk or catch the bus.

   "Hey, relax I'm just joking." He said, while waving his hand in front of my face. I shook my head and drank some more of my water.

   "That's not funny. That's dangerous." I said, while hitting his shoulder. He continued laughing, until he started fake coughing, when I looked at him.

   "You might want to stop, before you start choking again." I said, while smiling. He gave me a glare, then a fake smile. I check my phone for the time and see that it's 3:45 pm. We only have 15 minutes left for our break. I put my phone back away and drank some more of my water.

   "Oh you real funny, huh?" He gave a smile, but not a sincere one, an evil one. Oh no. All of a sudden, I feel his hands on my stomach. It's literally the skin of my stomach, because I have on a white crop top and black basketball shorts today. He starts tickling me and began going up to my neck, which is one of my soft spots and I was about to moan, until I put my hands on his hands. He stopped and gave me a serious look, while looking into my eyes, as I looked into his. He hurriedly stood up and got off me, while helping me up. We both felt uncomfortable and I couldn't get his skin on my skin out of my mind; it was driving me crazy, as I continued to feel for the places he touched. Out the corner of my eyes, I see him looking at me, but I only ignored it and started checking the time again. It read: 4:00 p.m. It was already time to get back to work and I couldn't be anymore grateful. The best part about me working, is it help me forget about things at the time, which was what we both needed.

*6 Hours Later*

   We are now walking out of the building, to his car. He opens the door and holds it open for me to walk through. I hurriedly walk through it, while thanking him. He then unlocks his car and I hurried up to open the passenger door, before he could. Out the corner of my eyes, I can see him looking at me weirdly. He just shakes his head and gets in the car.

*30 Minutes Later*

   The whole ride was filled with complete silence. He didn't say a word and I didn't either. I felt like the world was falling on me; as if it was putting all it's weight onto my body. I felt SO overburdened, that I couldn't wait to get out of his car. His presence isn't what I needed right now; to be alone or away from him, is what I needed. I was about to get out of the car, until I heard him say something.

   "No thank you?" I turned to him and saw him looking at me deeply. There was really no smile, except for a small one.

   "Right. Sorry, umm, thank you. See you tomorrow." I rushed, while getting out of his car and walking into the hotel. Yes! Finally I'm out! I don't mean for it to be or sound like that, but I need to clear my head. I just hope that it won't be like this tomorrow.

   I turn a few more corners and pull out my room key, once I get there. I walk in and sit on the couch, while turning on the tv. I look for the music channel and play it. I needed to relax and calm down, because I only have a few minutes to, so in order for me to do that, I have to have some music, a book (something to read), a journal (something to write), a mic/my voice (to sing), or a drawing/sketchbook (to draw). Right now, I'm choosing music, because it's the BEST one that I could use or need. I check the time and see that is: 10:40 pm. I have 20 minutes left to relax, so I walk to the kitchen and grab me a box of chicken alfredo to cook.

*7 Minutes Later*

   I take out the food, since it's ready and carry it to the couch. I start eating, while listening to the song: Speculate by Xavier Omär. He's a REAL great artist, who people sleep on. I love him. He sings nothing, but the truth and that's what a TRUE artist does. That's what I want to be sometimes, so when I do become an artist, I'm going to make sure that it isn't like these REGULAR artists all the time, because I want something REAL; I want to FEEL something REAL. He's my favorite artist and can't wait till I meet him one day. I check the time on my phone, which read: 11:50 pm. 10 minutes till it's time for bed. I hurried up my chicken alfredo and finished drinking my water. Afterwards, I threw both, the chicken alfredo and water away. I turned off the tv and walked to my bedroom. After closing the door, I changed into my pajamas and went to bed.