Chapter 4: It's Here!

Serayah's P.O.V.

   I woke up pumped and excited, because today is the day, where one of the people whom auditioned for the role of Tiana Brown gets the results! I hope I'm not getting excited and pumped for nothing. I walk into the bathroom and start brushing my teeth. Afterwards, I start washing my face and began to get into the shower. While showering, I kept concentrated on the results.

*30 Minutes Later*

   I exit the shower and dry off. Then I rub myself down with some moisturized skin soft shea butter lotion. I grab myself some black undergarments and a black t-shirt, with some white capris and colorful socks. After I walked back into the bathroom, I had then, started putting my clothes on. Afterwards, I slid my feet into my black Jordans. Then I cleaned back up the bathroom and went downstairs to the kitchen for some orange juice. I sat down in the barstool chair and started drinking. Just when I was about to get up to wash out the cup, my phone starts ringing. I pick it up without looking at the caller ID. Who can be calling me at 7:45 in the morning?

   "Hello?"

   "It's Here!"

   "What's here? Who's this?"

   "Really? So you just gon' act like you don't know who this is? I thought I was your best friend."

   "Lisa? Wow. Well, what do you expect, when you're trying your best to sound like a man?"

   "Okay. Sure. Anyways, you ready, because THIS is the moment we've all been waiting for! Today is the day, Ray! Ahhhhh!"

   "No. I'm not ready for THIS, because it isn't guaranteed."

   "Oh, but it is. THIS is so guaranteed!"

   "No. It isn't. Look, I just don't want to get my hopes up and watch them fall."

   "But they won't! Ray, you have to trust me! I promise and is MOST definitely for certain that you are so going to get this role. So cool it, alright?"

   "Alright. So when you coming?"

   "In about 20 minutes. Don't worry; I meant everything that I said. Trust me."

   "Alright. I'll see ya then."

   "Okay."

   She hung up the phone and I proceeded to wash the cup. Afterwards, I walked to the couch and sat down. I just kept thinking about whose getting the results and who isn't, but on top of all that, I was slightly hoping it was me. I don't know about it being all guranteed and stuff, but I did know how badly I needed it.

   Just when I was about to stand up and walk upstairs, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID: Unknown? An unknown number calling me? That's the first. I didn't really trust any unknown numbers or answer them. However, I decided this time I should. Plus, why would anybody call me at 8:34 in the morning?

   "Hello?"

   "Hi, is this Serayah McNeill?"

   "Yes? Why? Whom it may concern? Who's this?"

   "Whoa there. Calm down. This is Lee Daniels calling about the results for your audition. I just want to let you know, that it's something about you; I can't put my finger on it, but how is this, I like you Ms. McNeill and me and Taraji P. Henson thought you did THE BEST audition and we both would LOVE NOT LIKE, but LOVE for you to play the role of Tiana Brown. How's that sound to you?"