Chapter 17: The Confession

Author's P.O.V.

   "What are you doing here? Practice isn't until next week." Serayah asked as she paused the music, looking at a face that she didn't want to see for a while now.

   The figure only inched closer until he was standing directly in front of her, looking at the brunette deeply with those dark chocolate eyes that she's grown fond of so much.

   As if the girl was caught in a trance, she felt her heartbeat race faster and looked as he reached slowly, yet cautiously to the girl's face and rubbed his thumb over it. Sweat continued dripping from her body as her breathing got heavier.

   For what felt like years, but was actually seconds of staring into each other eyes, the man in front of the girl began to part his lips.

   "Ray. I have something to ask you and I want you to be honest with me, please?" She didn't know if it was the soft genuine look on his face or either her strong love for the man before her, but either way she just couldn't tear her face away from his hold and only stared back, not being able to utter a single word.

   "Do you-do you really have feelings for me?" Serayah could only stare into his eyes, not moving an inch of her body away or avoid his gaze; it was as if he locked the said girl into his line of vision, with his eyes constantly following her.

   The only thought that was running through the shocked girl's mind was, 'How'd he know that?' He only continued looking directly into her eyes with what looks like hope? To say the oblivious girl was confused would be an entire understatement. No, she was indeed over-the-top confused.

*2 Days Prior*

   "Bryshere, what are you doing here?"

   "Taraji, I need your help. Please."

   "Why? What's wrong?"

   "Well, it's kind of going to take a minute. So, can I come inside?"

   "Yeah. Come on in." She said, opening the door wider to let the boy in. He walked inside, looking around until they sat down on the couch in the living room. The 23 year old male couldn't help to feel nervous as he continued staring at the coffee table.

   "So, what's the problem?" Tuning his thoughts out from his head, he turned to the voice with a small smile.

   "Taraji. I don't know what to do about Serayah." He spoke in a low voice, letting out a sigh before placing both of his inner palms onto his forehead.

   "What do you mean?" The lady spoke in a comforting voice even though she already knew the answer. With a sigh leaving her mouth, she pinched the bridge of her nose and sipped her tea.

   "I mean I think I'm going crazy! I tried to talk to Ray, but she won't even answer my calls or texts and I really miss her. It's been a week since we actually talked or laughed with each other for crying out loud and I don't know what to do anymore!" The boy then burst into tears before hitting the coffee table with his hand. The lady stopped him before he could actually break it and released, yet another sigh, while holding onto his shoulders with a serious look on her face.

   "Are you really not aware?" The boy, now confused, tilted his head slightly as he looked at her in wonder. Taraji then rolled her eyes before releasing her grip on his shoulders.

   "Aware of what? Am I doing something wrong?" Not being able to take the oblivious look on his face, as her daughter-like peer was suffering from a broken heart, she abruptly stood up and with an outburst out of frustration, she poured a glass of wine.