Your Love

1 Brooklyn's Pov
Let me introduce myself I'm Brooklyn Williams. I'm 17 a senior at Green High School (a.n. not a real high school) in Houston. I stand at 5'3 with caramel skin, naturally curly black hair that stops at my back almost to my butt. I may seem shy and quiet but when you get to know me I'm loud and annoying. I have a 5 year old sister named Zoe I love her so much like she's my own daughter since I basically raised her. My dad died before Zoe was born and my mom gave us away for drugs so we live with our grandma and we haven't seen our mom since. I miss my dad so much before he died my mom was normal then when he died she went crazy started turning to drugs for everything.

"Brook I need you to go to the store for me?" My grandma yelled from downstairs

"Okay give me a minute I'll be down"

"Hurry up before it gets dark outside child "

I got up from my bed and threw on some black sweats and a cropped fashion killa hoodie and my yellow air jordans 11 and put my hair in a curly ponytail. I grabbed my keys and my I phone 7 plus and started walking out my room to Zoe's room.

I walked into Zoe's room and saw her watching Spongebob with her doll in her arms with her eyes glue on the t.v so she didn't see me walk in.

"Zoe wanna come with me to the store"

"When?" She said still not looking up at me

"Right now grandma needs me to go for her."

"No thanks there's a Spongebob marathon on"

She's been sitting her all day watching this ever since she finished her chores.

"How about if you come you can get ice cream?"

She finally turned to face me with her curly hair covering her face but I could still see her smile.

"Ok I'll meet you downstairs when you get your shoes." I walked downstairs and saw my grandma waiting for me. She handed me a list and a $100 dollar bill.

"Is Zoe going with you?"Right on cue Zoe came down the stairs with brown uggs on.

"Yea I promised her some ice cream."

"Okay be back by 8 so you guys have enough time for dinner and sleep."

I checked the time it was 7 so I should have enough time to go to the store and get ice cream.

At Walmart
I took Zoe's hand and we headed inside.

Digging in my purse I found the list my grandma gave me going through different aisles Zoe and I were on a scavenger hunt.

When it comes to my grandma if she writes down something she wants the exact thing if not she will make me come back and find it.

After I got everything on the list I noticed Zoe wasn't beside me anymore. I checked the time it was 7:40 if I found her quick we'll make it back to the house on time cause I'm not getting her ice cream anymore.

I walked to the toys aisle thinking she would be there but she wasn't. I only had one more aisle. I went to the candy aisle and saw her with a bag of gummy worms in her hand talking to some guy.

Sneaking up on her I grabbed her hand scaring her. I pinched her arm but not too hard to hurt her "ow Brook that hurts" she said looking up at me with a frown.

"You should've stayed put then." I snatched the candy out her hand and put it back on the shelf.

"Since you can't show me that I can trust you get in" she climbed in the cart with a mad look on her face.

I was about to apologize to the guy that Zoe was talking to. I looked up and couldn't get any word out.

It was Anthony Davis. Captain of the basketball and football team. Guys wanted to be him girls wanted to be with him. I share classes with him and he's pretty smart but he never notices me. He's 6'2 towering over me, butterscotch skin, the sexiest dimples when he smiled at me.

Hearing Zoe singing snapped me back to reality. I cleared my throat before speaking. "Sorry if my little sister was bothering you."

"It's cool I saw lil ma struggling to reach the gummy worms so I thought I would help her out I'm Ant by the way."

"I'm Brook I have to go" I said awkwardly then turned around to the cart walking away.

Getting back in the car it was 7:56 and I knew we would be late home if I got her ice cream which I wasn't going to do.

Arriving home, Zoe and I were welcomed home to the smell of fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.

Grandma always cooked dinner on Sunday nights. "Wash your hands then come eat." Grandma said while taking the bags out of my hands.

After dinner grandma went straight to bed and I sent Zoe upstairs to her room while I cleaned the kitchen. When I was done I went upstairs and saw Zoe already in the tub playing with her bath toys.

"I'm gonna take a shower be out the tub when I come back." I said before walking out. I went to my room and took a 10 minute shower washing my body with cotton candy body wash.

Before getting out I was sure to wash my hair because tomorrow I would straighten it. I got dressed in a white tank top and some black shorts and walked back to Zoe's room seeing her dressed in monkey pjs and her hair curly like mine.

She pulled her covers back and got in bed "What do you wanna do tonight? "

She grinned and patted on her bed wanting me to sit down. I sat down next to her "I wanna talk"

I nodded my head ok "Who was the boy at the store?" I didn't even know what to tell her just one of my class mates or someone that I like.

"Do you like him?" I shook my head no. "Yes you do I saw the way he was looking at you in the store."

It's weird how a five year old can be so smart. Seeing that she fell asleep I went back to my room and slipped in bed. Is there really a possible chance that Ant could like me.