six.

AFTERMATH.
006. ❛ new year.

Anytime New Year's Eve rolls around, I get really antisocial. Well not that definition exactly, more like I don't like it at all.

It's just that Tony throws these parties where he invites a whole bunch of people, and I spend most of my time at the bar drinking or in a corner sneaking off to my room early and watching the ball drop myself. Pretty sad, I know.

As usual, I already had an outfit ready for tonight and the dread night that waited for me. But this year, i was determined to stay in the loud party and experience the ball drop with the people I cared about. When suddenly it hit me that I had nobody to kiss at midnight. Of course, I could kiss one of the boys because they wouldn't exactly mind knowing my sexuality. But that scenario vanished as I got more and more drunk, and let me tell you that I can hold down my liquor.

Steve, who always crashes the party cut me off which was an order. He probably had a point since I woke up this morning with an insane hangover, and will probably thank him later today. But back on track with last night.

I managed to actually have some fun, partially thanks to the alcohol. I danced with Sam and actually had a conversation with people I would never speak to. Suddenly, in the final moments of this year, I felt confident going into the next. Everything that I wanted I had, and I didn't have plans for a New Year resolution since I break them anyway. I kept looking at the TV and noticed that everybody had started to gather around the screen, mostly signifying that the ball was close to dropping. I was standing alone far away from it, when Natasha came over to my side and offered me the last drink of the year.

Watching together we reminisced about the year, and all that we've went through. It only made me anxious for the next year for the surprises it had in sort for each of us.

And then the countdown began.

As the numbers kept counting down, the New Years kiss came into my mind and how I didn't have anyone to ring in the new year with. I guess in my head it was dumb to want a kiss at midnight because I didn't really need it. And at the moment, my head juts boggled on how not many people around me had people to kiss so I wouldn't be the only one. And as it kept going, I was mentally making my peace with it until I looked over to Natasha.

When the confetti popped and the New Year was upon us, in a spur of the moment; I kissed Natasha. For a quick second, I felt her shocked before embracing it. And when my mind began to comprehend what I did, I pushed away from her and quickly said Happy New Year before walking away.

God I feel like such an idiot, but at the same time — I kissed Natasha.