twelve.

AFTERMATH.
012. ❛ happy birthday.

My birthday has come once again, and frankly this year I've actually wanted to celebrate it? That doesn't sound anything like me at all! But trust me, I am nowhere near the big parties that Tony throws.

Like I've made it clear to him, the one present I want is to be surrounded by my friends/ family and just to have one normal day together where they don't have to worry about saving the world.

Wanda told me that she was baking a cake, not trusting Vision to make another one after what happened the last time.

I've never needed gifts to make my birthday perfect. Of course it was nice to receive presents but as long as I was happy and healthy, I didn't really need much. This year once again, they all made a bet on who can get the best present for me. In a competition that I wasn't aware of, and I was having some fun with this. I've been throwing them of all day, and it's been the best so far. It started out innocent and slowly turned wicked when I came up with a wild goose chase.

They've been trying to find a book that doesn't exist, and all of them are stressed that they can't find it. I know it's cruel but I do enjoy being the puppet master. I am surprised that none of them have figured out that it's a prank.

The only real answer was the one I gave Natasha, which was a book called The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd. I've been repeating the same phrase over and over to Natasha whilst we went to sleep, and she asked me where it was from and I answered with that title.

But could youth last, and love still breed, Had joys no date, nor age no need, Then these delights my mind might move. To live with thee, and be thy love.

It's has lulled Natasha to sleep every night so far. Although I can speculate from the bag of Victoria Secret lingerie that she hid under my bed, suggests other plans for tonight. She knows me too well that black lace is my favorite and makes me go crazy.

Dear lord, Sam is going to kill us tomorrow. But at the same time, it's my birthday and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.