CHAPTER 4

I dont know what I'm doing anymore😂 nah jk

I hope
_________
Masons pov

As I sat across the table, I stared at the girl examining Anna. She's the reason my work is crumbling. Her arguments weren't correct. I wasn't spoiled, I've worked hard for this company. My dad started it and handed it off to me, but I've done my fair share of work.

An?

Was that her name? Should I ask? I felt bad not knowing any of my employees names but I've always been far too busy to notice. It took me a while to realize that she was talking when she looked up at me hopefully.

Her green eyes seemed to light up slightly and her red hair helped the colour stand out.

"Hmm?" I asked absentmindedly as I bit my lip and woke up from my dreamy state.

She opened her mouth to repeat herself, but I stopped her.
"Your name is An, correct?" I inquired. Her button nose scrunched up a little to show she was angry. This tiny demonic home wrecker.

"I've worked for you for 2 years and you don't know my name?!" She bellowed, but as soon as she finished her sentence our food arrived and I look at her small plate and large cup of coffee.

"Why aren't you eating more?" I ask nodding my head to the small plate of hash browns with mixed in scrambled eggs. "Coffee isn't going to help you with proper nutrition." I state waving my fork at her while her eyes trail the path of my fork through the air.

"What are you my mom?" She scuffs. I could tell by how she couldn't hold my gaze that she didn't want to be here. I look down at my food and push it around for a while when I hear her mumble under her breath. "Anna, my name is Anna" she says as a side note. I nodded but I questioned her moods. She was snappy but calmer when she was trying to offer me something. It probably wasn't from the goodness of her heart, if she had one, most likely from the situation we were put in. She probably felt guilty for what she did and she should. I'm broke now and I don't even know where I would sleep at night. The thing that hurt the most was Katherine. We were together for so long and I didn't think me loosing my money would make her leave me. Suddenly it was all I could think about. She was a gold-digger. My mother doesn't want to be seen with a broke son and the slut only loved me for my money.

Suddenly I heard her voice. "Is that alright with you?" She said hesitantly. I didn't want to seem like I wasn't listening so I just nodded and she smiled softly at me. "We'll make this work."

Wait what?!
What did I get myself into.

"Could you repeat what we just agreed to?" I ask slowly.

"You spending the days with me till you get back on your feet?" She said as slowly. My mouth drops open.

I didn't like that at all! I wasn't some filthy homeless animal she can shelter! I would be living in my normal luxury if it wasn't for her. She thinks she owes me something but anything from her is the last thing I want.

"Why would you do that. I don't want your filthy pity! You got me into this mess." I said standing up in the booth making everyone turn their eyes to us. She stands up and sizes up to me.

"Well you know what I dont really mind having you sleep in a refrigerator box next to the bus! You know what I'm doing?! It's not pity it's called selflessness! I'm being considerate because I partook in the problem. Stop being an arrogant dick for once and realize you currently have nothing!" She yells back. Her fists are curled at her sides and her face is turning red hiding all her freckles.

She was right. Where else would I go? I couldn't even pay for the meal I just ate with what's in my pocket. I sat down and kept my shameful eyes glued to the table. Then I did something I never thought I would have to do.
"Ok I'm sorry." I mumbled to her. She stiffened and I knew she didn't expect that. I slid my plate to the side and looked back at her.
"Shall we leave now?" I asked pulling down my suit jacket.

She didn't spare a glance at me as she set down her fork and got up to saunter away from me. I picked up my pace to follow her to the car where I sat in the passengers seat next to her. Whenever she looked at me her gaze was guarded and cold. I wonder if it was her opinion on me. I couldn't have been that bad of a boss. I consider myself very kind and generous to my employees.

"I'm not arrogant," I mumbled and she seemed to have heard me because she laughed whole heartedly. I glared at her and when she turned to look at me, she saw the glare and clamped her mouth shut.

"So um would you like to pick up stuff before heading to my house?" She mumbles seeming to regret offering me shelter. It wasn't like I would be there long, just till I could get back on my feet. Nonetheless I nodded and told her the directions to my house. As we pulled up to the gate the buzzer activates and the security asks who it is.
"Mason Knight" I growl into the speaker. The security hesitates, "Mr.Knight, we were told not to let you in." He says and I roll my eyes. "If you don't open this gate now I will make sure you lose your job and never get another one. Do I make myself clear?!" I silently thought about my bluff and how I didn't really have that power but he didn't need to know that. A small whimper sounds through the speaks before the gates start moving apart and letting the car through. I turn to face Anna and she's biting her lip to stop herself from laughing. I growl at her to stop but her giggles still sound through the car and I find my lip pulled up slightly as well. We leave the car parked in front of the door and I step out of the car. As I head to tho door I hear Anna following behind me. As I step into the house and the door shuts the sound of her gasping fills the room. I smirked to myself. She wasn't use to glorious houses. I ignore her for the most part as I fill a small suit cause with some clothing and things I might need as I retreated downstairs I saw anna talking to one of the security guards.

"Is everything ok over her?" I ask as I stoped in front of both of them.

"Excuse me sir but we have been asked to make you leave the premises."
--------

My excuse for a late update my birthday. My birthday was on Tuesday and ya.

GUYS ITS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU VOTE IF YOURE ENJOYING THIS

LOVE
~M