Chapter Forty-Eight~Domestic Winchesters

Right now, we're out shopping at the grocery store. Sam and I just got home from a hunt yesterday to find Angela and Cas watching Star Trek. We'd all had sandwiches that night and that's when Angela had pointed out that we had absolutely nothing in the Bunker to eat anymore. The following morning, she rounded all of us up, Cas too, and got us all to the grocery store.

"Hey, Dean?" I look up at her and find she's holding pork chops. "The fried pork chops were a yes right?" She asks. I give her two thumbs up.

"Yeah! And with those scallop potato things?" I ask and see her nod and laugh.

"Alright, deal. Sam, you want those shrimp fajitas?" She asks, summoning Sam's head over a pile of cans of soup.

"Yes, please." Sam says politely. I roll my eyes and hit his shoulder.

"Suck up." I tell him and grab the shampoo I know Angela likes before going back beside her. I slip it in the cart and glance at Cas. He stays beside her all the time, as if she'll need him at any moment. Deep down, I don't think he'll ever forgive himself for what happened to her. Angela looks at me and gestures to Cas with her head. Cas is oblivious, he's looking at the sausage. I nod at Angela to show I agree with her. I know she thinks the same thing that I do. I'd talk to Cas about it later.

"Last chance for requests before we leave, guys." I hear Angela call. I walk up behind her and put my hands over hers on the cart and keep walking like that.

"You remembered that I'm making steak tonight, right?" I affirm and plant a kiss on her cheek.

"Yes, hon, I remembered. I also remembered to grab some fresh asparagus for Sam," I groan at that. "and some mashed potatoes for you." She ends and I hum in appreciation.

"Babe, you're such a good mom." I tell her. I feel her shoulders shake as she giggles.

"Gee, thanks. Does that make you the dad?" She teases me. I huff jokingly.

"I better be!" I exclaim and this time I get a real laugh out of her.

"Well, dad, you better make sure the kids are following because I'm pretty sure they've wondered off." She tells me. I let go of her and turn around to find Sam looking at apples and Castiel flipping through a gossip magazine. I let out a sigh and hear Angela laugh behind me.

"Sammy!" I shout and he looks up at me. "Grab Cas and come on." He shoves some apples in a bag and grabs Cas's arm. They make their way over to me and I turn around just in time to see Angela turning into a checkout line. We all hurry over and unload the cart for her. I hand her one of the dozen credit cards in my pocket and she swipes it and hands it back all in one movement. We'd gotten pretty good at it over the few months. After she's paid for everything everyone loads up on bags and we load the impala with them. I wait for a second on the driver's side of the car before tossing the keys at Ang. She catches them with one hand and looks at me, surprised.

"You're going to let me drive? While you're conscious and uninjured?" She asks with a slow smile growing on her face. After a second, I nod. Her smile reaches its zenith and she wraps a hand around the nape of my neck and pulls me down to kiss her. When she stops, I'm blinking away stars. She winks at me and then shuffles around me and slides into the driver's seat. I wave Sammy to the back seat and sit in the front with Angela.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" Cas says. I look at him in the back seat and see his wary face. Angela looks at him in the rearview mirror and smiles. She pulls out of the parking lot carefully, then books it down the road, laughing all the way. After a second, I'm loose enough to laugh with her and I turn the radio on. Ramble On by Led Zeppelin comes on and I groan happily. Angela turns it up and we both start singing at the same time. We sing the whole song flawlessly, except for how our voices sound. When the song is finished, we give each other a high five and ignore the eyeroll from Sam in the back. Ang and I hold hands the whole way home, except when our hands are on each other's thighs. We unpack everything and put it away in the kitchen, then all of us plop on the couch. Angela and I, as always, are on the long side of the couch. Sam and Cas have alternated between sitting beside us or on the far end of the couch, today Cas is beside us and Sam is on the far end. Angela lays her leg over mine and I reflexively adjust my position so she's comfortable. She sighs happily and I kiss her head before sighing myself. I glance at the clock that Ang got and see that it's already three o'clock.