Triangle

Sitting at the kitchen table, Bree watched Annie and the older woman sit down and pass her one of the 3 cups on the tray. She looked at it dubiously. "Is it drugged?" She demanded. Annie blushed with guilt. "Not this time no".

"I realise we haven't met under the best circumstances, but I give you my word that you won't be drugged again" the older woman stated, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"No offence lady, but the record speaks for itself. Now can you explain to me why my son thinks he is around family?" Bree demanded.

"Maybe it would be better if I showed you" the older lady replied. "Thorn please come in here"

Bree turned around then froze in shock at the man in the door way. "Blade?". She stood up and walked over him. SLAP. Her hand jolted with an electric shock as its skin met his cheek.

"Mate" he growled at her, his eyes changing from brown to a canine gold.

"Oh shit!" Annie exclaimed
"Oh shit indeed" replied the older woman.

"My name is Thorn. Do not make that mistake again." He yelled before storming out the sliding door which lead outside.

Bree stood frozen to the spot, shocked at the change in his eyes and the anger of his words. She didn't protest when the older lady pulled her into a hug. "I am sorry dear, that didn't go quite like I expected to. I am Mary. Blade and Thorn are my sons."

"Come sit down and drink that coffee now love, and tell me about you".

Bree followed her to the table and sipped the warm coffee without question. She looked up at Mary, searching her face for a resemblance of her husband. Sure enough an older version of Harry and Elijah's eyes held her gaze.

"Twins" Mary informed her, watching the comprehension wash over Bree's expressive face.

"Oh no. I thought it was Blade" she replied in a dazed voice. I am so sorry".

"Its okay Bree, your not the first person to confuse them". Annie reassured her. "But I have to ask. What did Blade do to deserve that slap?"

************************************

Thorn stormed in to the training shed and took out his aggression on a punching bag. Thump, Thump, Thump. Punch after punch was unleashed til the vinyl split and sand began to flow to the ground.

"Feel better" Mike, his Beta and Annie's Mate, asked.

"How long have you been there? He replied with a sigh.

"Long enough. Your brothers wife hey? And you call me a redneck" he teased exaggerating his American accent.

A few years older then him, Mike joined the pack after mating Annie, only a few months after Blade had left. He had come to visit the Australian packs searching for his mate. In the modern world with decreasing unpopulated land the packs had spread across the world seeking territory they could control. To fight the decreasing odds of finding ones mate, the International Alpha Council ensured that eligible wolves could travel throughout the world's packs with out attack.

Yeah, sounds like one of your tales from home" he teased back.

"Fuck man. What am I going to do?"

************************************

Mary and Bree sat together on a lounge. After her coffee Bree had been pushed into a bedroom and found her suitcase waiting for her. She dropped her robe and quickly dressed. She then brushed out her chocolate brown hair and pulled it back into a loose bun.
Annie had taken the boys outside to introduce them to the other kids who were apparently in another building.

"So you are Blades wife?" Mary prompted indicating the ring on her finger. "Yeah, kind of" Bree replied not knowing quite how to answer the question, not quite sure of the answer herself.

"I am not quite sure what that means" Mary replied calmly.

"Neither am I." Bree replied honestly.

"But yeah, Blade and I have been married almost 5 years". She clarified. "To be honest I am not really sure where we stand now".

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" Mary asked gently

I don't know. We met, I fell pregnant with Harry and we got married. Then he started going out all the time, would have secret phone calls. I thought he was cheating but he swore black and blue he wasn't. Then things got better and Elijah came along. Things were great. He only went out occasionally. He was great with the kids.
Then he started hanging out on a property near by. He took a job there and hung out with them all the time. I took the kids to my folks place for a week and he didn't even notice."
He took us out there a few times but I felt really isolated. No one really spoke to me, they'd go quiet when I went near them. I told Blade how I felt but he didn't care.
Then one night... well it doesn't matter but something happened and we argued and then I took the boys and left. We were on the way to my cousins place in Queensland when stopped at the diner."

"Oh I am sorry to hear that" Mary replied. Beware Bree doesn't seem to know what we are. Mary broadcast over the pack link.

"If you don't mind me asking what are the names of the people Blade was hanging around?"

"Oh ah Eddie and Sam Armstrong and their crew" Bree answered.

************************************

"Maybe it was just a static shock?" Adam, Thorn's childhood friend and pack mate suggested.

"It wasn't" Thorn replied. "My wolf recognised her as our mate".

"Maybe it's a twin thing? Maybe you share a mate? I heard of that happening once back home" Mike chimed in.

"She doesn't have a mark and she hasn't been changed. Hell she doesn't know what we are. Does that sound like a claimed woman to you?" Thorn shot back.

"Doesn't have a mark where you can see it atleast" shot back Mike laughing sending the rest of men into laughter.

"Fuck!" Thorn yelled the thought of Bree carrying his brothers mark sending both him and his wolf into an instant fury.

"Sorry Alpha I was only teasing" assured Mike, dropping his head to the side in submission.

"Let's go mutts, I need a run" Thorn demanded.

Quickly all ten stripped and started to transform. With in minutes large grey wolves lopped away from the fire, following the biggest into the bushland.