Contact

Blade paced back and forth through the loungeroom. He had arrived home the previous night after securing some time away from his duties to the Victorian pack.

Bree's car was gone and she had packed up most the boys clothes and toys. Fuck! He thought to himself. After Elijah was born his perfect world had crumbled. Bree wanted to stay home with kids and he had lost his job. Having been raised pack he knew he needed the support of one, now. Life as a lone wolf was too hard.

Keeping his family life and pack life separated had been difficult, specially as he failed to tell Bree the truth. It's not that he didn't trust her. He had just put it off too long.

The week before his new Alpha Eddie had given him a month to tell Bree and move his family onto pack land.
Your pups need to be educated on their wolves. We can't have them changing in the suburbs with no idea how to controll their wolves. But before he could act, Bree had seen him walking towards the pack house naked with a female pack mate he had just slept with after letting their wolves run. That night they fought bitterly. He took off and hoped a couple nights away would calm her down so he could tell her the truth. Instead she was gone.

He couldn't go to his new pack, they already frowned upon his marriage to Bree. They couldn't understand why he hadn't waited for his mate. Why he fought the will of the goddess.

He had found her mobile their room when he tried to call. Her parents and friends refused to speak to him. He didn't know what to do.

Feeling like he had no options left, he reached for the phone and dialed a number that was in his memory, though he hadn't called it in 7 years.

"Ma, it's me".

************************************

Bree awoke as the sun peeked over the horizon. She edged down the bed so she wouldn't disturb boys who had slept either side of her. Overexcited from meeting new friends the day before, they hadn't settled til she let them in her bed and then had promptly passed out with them.

She quietly headed out of her room and towards the kitchen. In the communal lounge she spotted a lone figure. Her brother in law.

"You're awake early" he said softly.

"So are you. Look I just wanted to say I am sorry about yesterday. I didn't know Blade had brother, let alone a twin. All he'd ever said about his family was he was disowned".

"I understand. My mother filled me in last night. I just want you to know that despite our looks, Blade and I are very different. I am all about family and my pa.... the community here."

Impulsively Bree leaned into Thorn to give him a hug. Little sparks danced along her arms and chest.

"Wow, what was that?" Bree asked shivering from the sensation.

"Must have built up some static" Thorn replied ruefully. "Do you feel like some breakfast?"

************************************

Later that morning Thorn and Mary watched from a distance as Bree and her boys strolled around the gardens.
"Blade rang asking for help" Mary confided.
"What did he say?" Thorn asked.
"I told him about your fathers passing and that you are Alpha now and that he'll need to speak to you."

"Thank you Ma. I know it must have been hard for you. Do you have his number?"

"I left it on your desk"

Thorn started walking towards the pack house, "Keep Bree and the boys outside, this may get loud".

Reaching his office he quickly rang the number, wanting to get the call over and done with.

"Hello brother I hear you need some help".

"Thorn? Is that you?" Replied a voice almost identical to his own.

"Its me. Though Alpha Brennan is the correct way to address the Alpha of another pack. By the way how are the Armstrongs?"

"How do you know that?" Blade asked, his hope sinking as Thorn revealed his secret.

"Wolves howl, humans gossip and now facebook shares it world wide".

"Huh Facebook. I am surprised you even know what that is."

"If had stayed by my side brother, we could have found compromise. Just like I did with with the supporters you left behind.".

"I am sorry Thorn, I wish I knew then what I know now" Blade sighed. "I can't change the past but I really need your help. Please let me come home."

"You can come into town, but you will not enter pack land without my permission". Thorn conceded his wolf happy at the thought of seeing his twin. "Call me when you arrive".

After ending the call Thorn returned to his mother's side. "I need to go for a run" he told her.

"I'll take Bree inside" she assured him.

Thorn walked away from gardens towards the dense bushland that engulfed most of the property. He stripped and shifted quickly needing time away from his conflicting emotions.

After a long run he found a rabbit trail. His wolf hunted one down and killed it. After devouring his prize he headed towards the damn for a long drink, then settled on a nearby boulder. Why haven't we claimed our mate his wolf asked. Because she is Blades wife and human. Mate is stronger then human bond. His wolf replied like the situation was a no brainer. You know they have pups, it's complex. Plus she is human. Brother wolf is part of us, the pups are part of us. His wolf mentally shrugged.

He stayed in wolf form long after after the sunset then slowly headed back to the pack house.