Chapter 17: I know who you are

The rain poured down hard hitting the window making it hard not to fall asleep again. The building was warm today and made you want to take a cold shower. I got dressed slowly and went to get me some breakfast. Frost was there sitting with some girls around her age who I had recently gotten to know. Their names were Heather and Poppy. They were best friends since elementary and did everything together. Heather was tall with straight blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. She loved everything purple from her nails to her bunk. Poppy was a red head with hazel eyes and loved anything dark and mysterious. They were the sweetest people I met though I did find out that Poppy has a bad attitude when she doesn't want to do something.

They waved me over as I finished grabbing my food. I sat beside Frost who was smiling and nibbling on a bagel with cream cheese.

"Today is our field trip today. We always get one once a month when we do a good job on our missions. I wonder where we will be going today." Heather said in an excited tone clapping her hands together. I could not believe we would be having one knowing that we were just attacked a week ago.

"It will be fun. One time, we went to the beach and were out there all day. Feels good to relax sometimes." Frost added seeing my look of worry.

I was about to say more when Eric joined us. Heather immediately looked at him with a flirty smile on her face. She obviously had a crush on him as well. Instead of paying attention to everyone at the table, he looked at me and smiled.

"Glad to see you up and about. You got through it better than most here." He took a sip of his water and nodded a hello to the other girls. Then he looked back at me and smiled again. "Sergeant Peters thinks that you will be fine to go with us so you can join me today. We have a lot to talk about." He nodded a goodbye and left leaving the girls jaws hanging.

"I think he is asking you out," Heather said.

"We dated and he ended it shortly after I got here. He probably wants to talk about the mission."

They all looked at as if saying, no way. "Please. When Eric Willis invites you to join him, its never just to talk missions. He is asking you out."

Frost looked at me with concern aware that I was still hurting from our split. She was about to change the subject when something clicked in my head.

"He has done this before?"

The girls looked at me and nodded as if excited to tell. "Last year, he asked Rose to join him when we went to Paris to visit the Eiffel Tower. They had flirted and everything and she had liked him enough to think he would even ask her out, but when the trip ended, it was all business again and he wanted nothing to do with her. She still likes him of course and thinks that they will get together one of these days." Heather explained.

"Her flirting is kind of annoying though because she followed him everywhere and tries to be Mrs. Hot shot here. It's rather disgusting." Poppy added.

All the anger that I had felt before came clouding back into my heart and made the pain of losing him worse. He had cheated on me with Rose and never cared to mention anything. I was falling in love at a young age and finding out that it was not worth it. I never hated him so much before.

Everyone was allowed to wear normal clothes for the trip and then were loaded up on the bus and waited for the adults to get in. I sat in my seat quietly with Frost wondering why Eric wanted me to join him. He did end things with me and flirting with me again now that I know his tricks would be a huge mistake. Ally would be so mad at him she would take care of him for me. She was a great friend.

Our trip ended up being in the small downtown. Everyone was allowed to walk anywhere they wanted and hang out. Frost and I walked to the coffee shop and each bought a Frappuccino. It was so delicious and made me think of my mom who drank it all the time before work. We walked outside to see Eric standing there smiling. He wore his jeans and t-shirt with Nirvana on it and smiled at me as we approached.