Chapter 4

I know we should do something, ask them who they are or what kind of things they are saying but at the same time they're discussing about the kneeling thing.

Apparently Richard always does this kind of things and Caleb always gets mad at him but yet he doesn't really do a thing to stop it. They've such a strong bond I can almost taste it but that doesn't keep me for being afraid even though they look like good people.

"What should we do?" Will asks me after some time, I guess he's kind of overwhelmed about seeing other human beings and I kind of get it as it was always our parents and us.

"I think we should escape but at the same time... I don't know I want to know what they're talking about, what do you think?"

"I think..." He starts thinking, I know it for the way his tongue goes out a little bit and for the way his eyes wander through the place "I think, I should intervene and then we should try to talk to them" I nod and he walks toward them, leaving less than a meter from where they are arguing.

"Stop blaming me for everything, dumbass" Richard says, his gray eyes look kind of different now, more like a blueish color

"I wouldn't if it wasn't your fault" Caleb cross his eyes and even in this awkward situation I want to laugh, I never imagined meeting new people would be so awkward and funny. William clears his throat and they look at him. "I'm sorry."

"Who are you? Why are you here? How did you find us? Do you know where the civilization is? Are you dangerous? You don't look dangerous but yet, what do you want?" I don't know what made him ask so many questions but when he finishes he needs to take a deep breath.

"Caleb, Richard"  Caleb points to he and his friend.

"We know, answer the other things" His voice now is holding more authority than I had ever heard.

"We, well we can't explain you exactly who we are" He says making the 'y' last for a few seconds "But we can assure you we're the good guys who try to help you and for the other questions, we've been looking for you, we want to help you and we won't lead you the civilization."

"Tell me, who you are you?"

"Caleb, Richard." This goes like for a long time, long enough for me to get tired and sit on the floor of the cave, this and this and this they say. At some point the guy called Richard gets bored to and sits next to me, we don't talk for a while, he's just there sitting next to me observing his friend and Will with a smile on his face.

"Why did you say that thing about save everyone? and why the kneeling thing?" I ask after a while, Caleb and William still discussing useless things.

"Because that's what we're gonna do and I thought kneeling could show you and him we aren't the bad guys." He shrugs, he doesn't even look at me.

"Who are the bad guys?"

"We don't know it... Yet." His voice is so indifferent, like if he's just saying what needs to be said, he actually is , I remind myself.

"So how do you think you're gonna help us save everyone?"

"We don't know it... Yet. It wasn't part of our training" I think he's not really trying to indifferent but that's the way he's. We stare at them, again, William is getting angry but at the same time I know he wants to laugh at the situation.

"Who trained you?" I asked after a few minutes of silence between us.

"The man you called father" He tells me, he finally looks at me.

"The, man, I, called, father?" I deliberately make a pause before every new word that comes through my mind, he nods and I just stare.

___________________________________

I don't know how much time it had to pass for Richard and Me to stop them from talking nonsense, maybe it was because we were really bored or the fact that Richard and me even went out and he helped me getting some bunnies (in your face, William!) or that the sun was almost setting and we even recollected wood to make a bonfire. In all this time I didn't really talk to Richard but I did feel safe, he isn't a threat.

"So you are trusting them?" Will asked me while we eat some pieces of the bunny, Richard and Caleb were sitting at the other site of the fire. I nod, they could have already do anything but they didn't. "Okay" he sigh, it was more like a huff.

"You know, you could answer how you're supposed to help us, that's the least you could do" I told them.

"We're going to teach you how to fight and how to... use your magic" Caleb answered and we laughed. We certainly weren't magicians.

"It's true. That's what Ron trained us for" Ron, my father's name. I almost choke and I've so many questions to ask them but I don't find myself asking them.

"How did you know Ella's father?" Will asks them after the food, we're seeing the stars now, I'm in Will's arm and I inmediatly go stiff at the question.

"You'll freak out when you hear the answer to that" Richard says.

"I want to hear it anyway" I say, my voice is just as loud for them to be able to hear it.

"In simple words, you were not exactly your father's daughter but we actually related to your mother, it also goes to you, William" If that's so, who can be my father? I feel William go stiff beneath me, just like  I did a few moments ago. "And you, we, aren't even from this time if that also interests you... And even though you don't believe it, you do are magicians, except that you, Ella, are the best from every living magician and you, William, maybe just a little above average."

"What do you mean?" William asks there is a strain in his voice.

"Well... Um, I don't know if Ron ever told you so but there's a virus going around that kills people and that kind of things, we haven't seen how it reacts either but don't worry we're all immune." I don't know if I should talk or something but we just stay there, hearing him talk nonsense, maybe there is really a virus and it has attacked him. "Don't give me that kind of look,  It's true. You're here because your true mothers brought us all here, they were magicians too, pretty gifted for what we know, they brought all of us here" Were?

"Were?"

"Yeah, they died, for what Ron told us the world might look full of life today but it's horrible in that year, the human race is, was, at the edge of extinction so that's why they brought us here, to save it but only you, Ella with Will's help will be able to do it. That's why you were brought here, that's the reason we were all brought here, that's the reason you're anachronisms."

We're Anachronisms? But what does that even mean?